It's NaBloPoMo and 30 Days of Truth

11/01/2010 10:02:00 AM

For those of you who don't read a lot of blogs or don't blog yourself, that stands for National Blog Posting Month.  The deal is that you post a blog post every day for the month of November.  I did this a while back - when I was blogging at Thoughts of the Mama (the blog I abandoned before starting this one).  I'm not sure I'm up to the commitment this time, though.  I have so much more on my plate these days than I did back then.

I did, however, run across 30 Days of Truth while reading my FeedSquares this morning.  I first saw it via the Crayon Wrangler  who got it from Oh Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy - which is also on my RSS list.  So...I thought maybe I'd give it a try.  I read the questions and there are some really fun ones...and some I'm a little nervous about...but I'm gonna give it a shot.

Here are the questions:

Day 1: Something you hate about yourself. 
Day 2: Something you love about yourself. 
Day 3: Something you have to forgive yourself for. 
Day 4: Something you have to forgive someone for. 
Day 5: Something you hope to do in your life. 
Day 6: Something you hope you never have to do. 
Day 7: Someone who has made your life worth living for. 
Day 8: Someone who made your life hell, or treated you like shit. 
Day 9: Someone you didn’t want to let go, but just drifted. 
Day 10: Someone you need to let go, or wish you didn’t know. 
Day 11: Something people seem to compliment you the most on. 
Day 12: Something you never get compliments on. 
Day 13: A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.) 
Day 14: A hero that has let you down. (letter) 
Day 15: Something or someone you couldn’t live without, because you’ve tried living without it. 
Day 16: Someone or something you definitely could live without. 
Day 17: A book you’ve read that changed your views on something. 
Day 18: Your views on gay marriage. 
Day 19: What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics? 
Day 20: Your views on drugs and alcohol. 
Day 21: (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do? 
Day 22: Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life. 
Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life. 
Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter) 
Day 25: The reason you believe you’re still alive today. 
Day 26: Have you ever thought about giving up on life? If so, when and why? 
Day 27: What’s the best thing going for you right now? 
Day 28: What if you were pregnant or got someone pregnant, what would you do? 
Day 29: Something you hope to change about yourself. And why. 
Day 30: A letter to yourself: tell yourself EVERYTHING you love about yourself

Now - I'm not officially doing NaBloPoMo, but I'm still hoping to post every day in November!

So ~ here is Day 1 of my 30 Days of Truth -

Something You Hate About Yourself -

Truth, right?  I hate that I'm not good at keeping in touch with my friends.

I know what you are going to say...it's understandable because I'm so busy with the kids and work and the house but the truth of the matter is that a lot of time I just don't make it enough of a priority and then I get nervous about trying to reconnect.  There are times when the excuse is valid, but often I just put connecting with my friends on the back burner.  I forget because it isn't something that I ever feel like I should spend my time doing when the dishes in the sink need put into the dishwasher and the laundry needs switched.  I find it hard to pick up the phone because the kids are always screaming and when they are finally asleep, I just want to collapse and not think of anything.  I'm not putting enough of an effort into my friends and I've lost a lot of friends because of that...and I hate that about myself.

I'd love to hear what you hate about yourself - make me feel a little better about myself!  hehehe

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe