Day 13: A band or artist who has gotten you through some tough ass days

11/12/2010 07:28:00 PM

I have a very eclectic taste in music...however, I'm a country girl at heart - even though I don't often admit it.  When I NEED music, I turn to my good ol' country boys...and Brad, you are probably the one I listen to most when I need to smile and remember what is most important in my life...so, here's my letter to you.

Dear Brad,

     First of all, yes, you are hot.  Personally, I think your wife is adorable, too...really.  I think we should become best friends!  hehehe

     Seriously, though, I would like to thank you for your music and getting me through some tough ass days.  I remember listening to the song "I Wish You'd Stay" over and over while driving around crying my eyes out (I know...not the smartest thing to do, drive and cry) because someone I loved was leaving.  The song didn't stop me from crying but it did make me feel like I had someone who understood.

     Someday, my husband will take the GIGANTIC hints I leave and tell me that the song "She's Everything" reminds him of me...because it is exactly how I want someone to think of me.  I imagine that he thinks of me that way even if he doesn't...because, let's face it, you probably took the words right out his mouth, right?  It's gotten him out of some big trouble - me imagining that he sat there and told you exactly how he felt about me while you stole his ideas and made one of the most awesome songs ever. . .





     Speaking of my husband, you wrote the song "Then" for us, right?  I also know the guy you wrote "I'm Gonna Miss Her" for - but it isn't MY husband.  :)  Oh - and "Alcohol" has to be one of my all time favorite songs to sing at the bar at the top of my lungs when I've had a few too many.

     "When I Get Where I'm Going" - well...in case you didn't know, death is by far the biggest fear I have...and I hope it is exactly how you paint it because I imagine my loved ones telling me to not cry for them because they are in that afterlife.

     Oh - and "New Again" . . . well, let's just say that has to be one of the most amazing songs ever.  It reminds me that things I think are a really big deal aren't...it reminds me that anything is possible and that I can be a lot stronger than I think.



That's just some of them...your songs have helped remind me of good times, gotten me through some rough times and also made me smile thinking about the things that are to come.  Thanks for that...and keep it up, okay?

All my love,

Janene

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe