Day 2: Something You Love about Yourself

11/01/2010 08:28:00 PM

I'm writing this on Monday night - it's almost Tuesday - because I know that I will have NO time tomorrow to jump on-line and get this post done...

This one wasn't easy - I actually had to think pretty hard about it.  Physically, there aren't too many things I like about myself.  I don't think I'm extraordinarily attractive but am thrilled that my husband still does.

I find it funny that it was SO much easier for me to notice my faults than it is for me to find something I love about myself.

I came up with a few ideas but none that I really thought were what the person who came up with these questions would consider a "correct" answer.

Then it hit me...I am most proud of the fact that I have created (with just a bit of help from a wonderful guy) an amazing "little" family and have been doing a pretty decent job of making sure they are healthy and happy.

My family is my number one priority.  I would do anything for my children if I thought that it would help them and make their lives better.

I also work hard at my marriage - don't let anyone fool you and say that marriage shouldn't be hard work.  LOVE shouldn't be hard work.  I don't have to work to LOVE my husband - I've loved him for over 12 years.  Granted there are times that I want to kick him in the shins or pinch him REALLY HARD on the shoulder, but it would totally be done out of love!

Being happily married, though, is a lot of hard work.  I have to work EVERYDAY to keep our marriage happy.  Jerry works on it EVERYDAY, too.  We work on it because it's worth working on.  It's a priority.  There are some distractions.  There are a lot of things that could get us off track (and sometimes do) - there are a lot of things we have to compromise on and sacrifice.  We are a team, though, and that is how we make it work.

That was my explanation and here is my answer:

Day 2 of 30 Days of Truth - What is Something that You Love about Yourself?

I love that I have my priorities in the right order and that I am doing everything I can to make sure that they stay that way!

(As a side note - I hate saying that I love anything about myself because it totally makes me feel like a narcissist!  GAH!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe