Day 23 and 24

11/24/2010 06:44:00 AM

Day 23: Something you wish you had done in your life. 


I wish I had traveled more and to farther away places before I had my kids.  I know that there is still time and a chance that I will travel later in life - but I kind of wish I would have already done it so I could tell my kids about all the wonderful places I went...Jerry and I are already talking about starting a savings account (something out of the way that we only put a little bit here and there in) to pay for a trip to Europe after Dean and David leave for college!  hehehe

Day 24: Make a playlist to someone, and explain why you chose all the songs. (Just post the titles and artists and letter)


This became REALLY difficult for me.  I had it all figured out who I was going to write my letter to ~ and then the playlist got OUT OF CONTROL!   Anyway, here it goes...


Dear Danika,


     I have to tell you the truth...I didn't think I wanted a daughter.  I know that sounds awful but I tell you this because I was wrong.  I am totally willing to admit it.  I couldn't have been more wrong.  I was so nervous that you were going to be like me.  I think that's pretty common with mothers and daughters.  Mothers always want more for the daughters.  I was (and still am) worried that you will end up getting hurt for being too caring (which really sucks) or being overly dramatic like I was when I was younger.  I was the original drama queen ~ so, when daddy tells you to stop being so dramatic, you could probably remind him that you get it honestly...from your mother.


     I thought about all of the different directions I could go with this "playlist".  I thought about how I could make it about being a strong woman - because there are songs about that all over my iPod.  I thought about making it all the sappy songs I love - I'm a total romantic and have more "love" songs than you could listen to in one night.  I also thought about making it tell a story of some sort...like songs I loved when I was little to songs I love today.  I more or less went with that one - to put it simply, this is a mix of songs that make me smile.  Some have a story behind them...some don't.  I hope that they make you smile, too....and maybe will remind you of me.


I love you and I am so happy that you are my daughter...I'm so happy that God knew that I needed a daughter to help me survive all the testosterone around here...I'm so happy that you are who you are and that you amaze me every day!


Love,
Mom


Danika's Playlist (this playlist now exists on my iPod!)


1) Daydream Believer - The Monkeys
2)You Can't Always Get What You Want - The Rolling Stones
3) When You Say Nothing at All - Alison Kraus
4) Time and Time Again - The Counting Crows
5) The Catch - The Cure
6) Friday, I'm in Love - Dryden Mitchell
7) I'll Back You Up - Dave Matthews Band
8) You and Me - Dave Matthews Band
9) I Believe in Love - Dixie Chicks
10) I Cross My Heart - George Straight
11) Hold On - Michael Buble
12) Ex-Girlfriend - No Doubt
13) No One Said it Would Be Easy - Sheryl Crow
14) Tiny Dancer - Elton John
15) No One - Alicia Keys
16) Feel Like Makin' Love - Bad Company
17) You're the One That I Want - Grease Soundtrack
18) Little Moments - Brad Paisley
19)  Love Hurts - Nazareth
20) Love is a Battlefield - Pat Benatar
21) Again - Lenny Kravitz
22)  Somebody - Depeche Mode

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe