Day 11: Something People Seem to Compliment You on Most

11/11/2010 06:31:00 AM

I have to start this post saying Happy Veteran's Day to all those who have served, are serving and have or have had loved ones who served in the military.  I cannot tell you what it means to me to know that my children are going to grow up living in a free country because of all that you do to protect us.  Thank You!

When I posted about something I love about myself, I had a difficult time talking about it.  I'm not one to toot my own horn (now I have that Yo Gabba Gabba song running through my head).  I've been thrilled to have so many of my Facebook friends and family telling me how much they are enjoying reading my blog, though.  :)  It kind of goes along with one of the things I usually get complimented on - I often hear, "Janene, you always know what to say."

I'll let you in on a little secret about why people may think that.  I really do follow the "If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" rule.  Plus, I always try to imagine what I would want to hear in a situation.  I try really hard to be gently honest - not brutally honest like that b*tch in Jerry Maguire.    I also try to make sure that I don't push an argument if it's not worth it.  I make sure that whoever I'm talking to knows that I don't want to fight (because I'm super non-confrontational).

I also learned a lot from my father.  He has a way of talking to people that makes them listen and think he knows what he's talking about...okay, I'll admit it...he usually knows what he's talking about and if he doesn't then he will tell you he has no idea.  He never tries to bs you.

The other compliment I get often is one that I will proudly agree with.  I often hear, "Wow - you make beautiful children".  Now, I can only take 1/2 the credit for their genetic make-up but I have to agree - they are some good looking kids!



PS - I'm really hoping for a new camera soon so I can start taking some better pictures!  :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe