10 Day You Challenge ~ {Books}

7/24/2011 07:01:00 AM

Four books . . . only four?  Wow.  Okay

01.  Two Kisses for Maddy by Matthew Logelin - this is the last book I read and the first nonfiction book I've read probably since High School (or maybe college, I guess).  You can read the review of it I did on my blog here.   If you don't handle sad books very well then you shouldn't read it.  I didn't think that I would read it because I don't handle sad things well . . . but I couldn't help it and I'm glad I decided to try.

02.  The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks - this is the only book I've ever read more than once.  I just can't bring myself to read books twice.  I get bored.  This book, though, I read so fast the first time (it was a really quick read) that I decided to try reading it again . . . and I actually did get through it a second time.  So, I figure I must really like it then, right?

03.  The Help by Kathryn Stockett - This was my favorite book we read at book club.  I LOVED the book!  Such a great story and such awesome characters.  I was a little bummed out that the ending wasn't more . . . exciting but I can't wait to see the movie!


04.  The Mists of Avalon by Marion Zimmer Bradley - This is the longest book I've ever started and finished because I wanted to read it.  It was the summer I was working in a little shop in Oakmont.  I passed the time waiting for people to come into the store (it wasn't a really busy store at all) by reading this book.  I LOVED it.  I actually thought about trying to reread it now . . . but I can't.  It's too long and a story I know too well.  It was worth reading the first time, though.  Gave me a totally different perspective on the whole Arthur saga.  :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe