I'm just not a kid anymore

7/13/2011 07:37:00 AM

I love kids.  I love playing with kids and acting like a kid.  I work with kids and I have 4 kids of my own.  I am usually surrounded by kids.  I even like playing with the kids at big family functions.  When I started dating Jerry he had a niece and nephew (now we have 4 nephews and 3 nieces).  I LOVED playing with those kids...they are 17 and 14 (I think) now.  I LOVE playing with all of my nieces and nephews and my own kids and the kids at work.  I think that part of it is because I'm a BIG kid at heart...the rest of my body, however, is aging a little faster.

Yesterday, Jerry and I took the kids to Giggles and Smiles at the Pittsburgh Mills Mall.  The best part about that place is that the twins can kind of run free and not get into anything.  We have been to a few birthday parties there and I am usually the crazy adult running around with the kids up in the tubes and climbing the rope ladders and sliding down the slides.  I like hanging out in the ball pit with my kiddos and "burying" them so they can scare each other.

I was playing with all 4 of them in the ball pit yesterday while Jerry watched from outside.  Then I followed David as he climbed up to the top and decided that he wanted to go down the tube slide.  I couldn't let him do it himself.  He's too little and Jerry was chasing Dean, so there was no one there to catch him when he got to the bottom.  So, I'm a big kid, I went down with him.

BIG MISTAKE!

I swear, they have to wax those slides at night or something.  I've never gone down a slide that was so fast.  I was trying really hard to protect David as we shot out of the bottom.  In doing so I landed with my feet underneath me.  I twisted my ankle and then slammed my head backwards and whacked it off the bottom of the slide.  It was AWFUL!  I seriously thought I was going to pass out and that my ankle was going to swell up and I wouldn't be able to walk on it.

None of that happened, though.  I will admit that my head still hurts where I hit it...but my ankle is fine.  I have a nice little brush burn on my elbow from trying to slow down but all in all it could have been a lot worse.

I guess it's time for me to start being a little bit of a less adventurous BIG kid and start remembering that I am not as flexible as I use to be.  It won't stop me from playing just maybe going down sliding boards....

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe