4 hours ago
Wednesday, July 20, 2011
Eight fears...not as easy as I thought it would be.
01. Dying - I'm not sure that it is the actual leaving this world part that scares me or if it's what I'm leaving that makes me afraid of dying...either way, it's a biggie.
02. Helplessness - I am so afraid of being helpless. I hate the thought that I can't do something to help my kids if they need it. I am so afraid of things that are out of my control - I'm not very good at accepting things but I'm working on it.
03. Giant Bugs - I hate bugs. I can handle the little ones, though (except fire ants. . . I hate fire ants). Big ones . . . yeah, I'm more likely to run away screaming than to "take care" of them.
04. Small Places - I wouldn't say that I am claustrophobic but I defiantly am probably borderline. The MRI they did of my brain about a year ago was the closest I ever came to having a panic attack.
05. Being late or unprepared for something - You know how people have dreams where they go to school in their underwear? Yeah, those kind of nightmares are some of my biggest fears. . . I am always nervous about being late or not having what I need.
06. Losing my parents (we won't even talk about me losing Jerry) - I know it will happen sooner or later but it's one of my biggest fears. . . how I'm going to "make it" without them.
07. Driving in snow storms - it wasn't always something I was afraid of but now that I usually have a kid or two with me I hate driving in the snow and actually get a little scared if it's too bad.
08. Suspicious looking people - it's funny because we were just talking about this last night at my Mommy Group meeting. I am afraid of people who don't smile back at me when I smile at them. I try to be overly friendly to strangers because I'm secretly a little afraid of them...I almost always smile or say hello. When I don't get a smile or nod or something back it makes me nervous...I've probably watched too many movies. :)