Five Questions - Gushing about my Hubby

2/12/2010 10:49:00 AM

So Valentine's Day is right around the corner.  We aren't really big Valentine's Day celebrators in our house.  In fact, with the kids coughing and hacking and the snow holding us prisoner this week I haven't had a chance to get out and do any shopping...not that I get a chance when we aren't sick and snowed in.  I thought about making something (you know like an old fashioned valentine complete with doily and pink and red hearts) or baking/cooking something special (which would require a trip to the grocery store) but I haven't made any definite decision, yet.  If I figure it out I will let you know...in the mean time, I stumbled upon Five Question Friday and thought I'd give it a shot.  Maybe it'll be something I'll do frequently, but either way I figured it would give me a good chance to brag about DH a little.


My Little Life



1. What is the one thing your love does for you that you can't live without?


The dishes.  Seriously.  I love to cook.  I love to experiment with new recipes and try new things.  I HATE cleaning up after myself in the kitchen.  For some reason, unknown to me, Jerry almost ALWAYS does the clean up after dinner.  I'm so grateful for it.  It could be because his alternative is getting the kids bathed and ready for bed...but that's fine with me.  I'd rather do that than clean up the kitchen any day.


On a more romantic note, I love when he holds my hand.  Simple, I know...but there is something very loving in it.  It's a sign that we are in this together...that he is with me...that he still loves me.

2. When did you know your love was "the one"?


Would it be a cop out to say I don't know?  We were friends long before we started dating.  We kind of fell into dating and then I just couldn't imagine things being any different.  I guess when we were still together after he came home from college I knew we were eventually going to get married and spend the rest of our lives together.

3. Does your love have a special ringtone on your cell?


No - he use to before I changed phones...it was No One by Alicia Keys.

4. What are you attracted to most in your special someone?


One thing I love about Jerry is that he is a guy's guy - you know, the kind that likes to hunt, fish and watch sports.  But I'm most attracted to him when he is being more sensitive.  Like when he is comforting our children or expressing concern for someone he loves.  He can be a tough guy and I love that - but I also love that he is a big softy, too.

Physically - it's his eyes.  I'm so happy we have 2 sons with the same bright, brilliant blue eyes he has.

5. Did you know when/where he/she was going to pop the big question?


I had my suspicions for a few reasons.  First, he had told me that we were going out and then called to tell me he was able to get off of work early and wanted to leave earlier.  He was too excited and couldn't wait - so I knew there was something going on other than dinner.  Plus, I had seen him talking to my dad earlier that week.  Not that he never talked to my dad, but he rarely talked to him alone.  Then, when I got home from work that day the house was spotless and my parents were out.  My mom later confessed that it was because she knew what was coming and was afraid she'd blow the secret.  


One of the coolest things was that my family and Jerry's family were all at my parents' house when we got back to celebrate with us.  I didn't know they were going to be there and Jerry didn't tell me.  I didn't even see their Jeeps (because they all had Jeeps back then) in front of my parents' house when we pulled up.  I had just planned on showing my parents and I was able to show everyone my new ring!


MckLinky Blog Hop

You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe