Five Question Friday! #3

2/25/2010 08:39:00 PM

My Little Life


"Official" Rules:  Copy the questions of the day for 5QF, paste them to your blog post and answer them! (Easy peasy, huh?!!) Then, head over to My Little Life, grab the MckLinky Blog Hop code (if you'd like!), then link up!


1. Do you sing karaoke? If so, what is your go to song?

I only sang karaoke once by myself - I will probably NEVER sing alone again.  I can't even remember what song it was (hence the reason I was singing alone) but I know it was a Jewel song...ugh.

I do, however, love to sing karaoke with my sister, Nicole.  We tend to gravitate towards Dixie Chicks songs.  Goodbye Earl and Sin Wagon are our top 2...but we've also busted out some slower ones, too.  If my mom happens to be around we end up singing Keep on Lovin' You by REO Speedwagon.  Don't ask...I have NO idea.

2. What is your favorite coffee drink?

Mmmm....coffee.  I LOVE coffee.  I NEED coffee.  I missed coffee sooo much when I was pregnant with the twins.  I was so very disappointed that the smell of it made me nauseous when I was pregnant and was elated when I brewed my first pot at 3am during some random feeding one night and it tasted GOOD again!

My favorite coffee drink...would have to be...a Grasshopper.  It tastes like a thin mint cookie dunked in coffee.  It is delicious!  (coming in second is a peppermint mocha from Starbucks...I like minty coffee, I guess - but I'd never turn down any kind of coffee...except maybe decaf!  hehehe)

3. If you could choose your own name, what would it be?

 I actually like my name.  However, that wasn't the question - I'd have to say I like the name Maggie (which is what we almost named Danika), Claire (another name we considered for Danika) and Veronica (not considered for Danika, but one I've always liked.  Oh - and Morgan...not sure why but I've always loved the name Morgan.

So, to REALLY answer the question I would go with Veronica Claire...but I still don't think I like it better than my real name anyway.

4. Were you ever bullied?

Yes.  Quite a few times, actually...but only when I was really little.  I remember the first bully I stood up to.  She actually wasn't bullying me - she was bullying my sister and I got mad.  Her name was Heather and she was easily 3 times my size - she was a big gal...I was like 3 years younger than her...she seriously towered over me.  My sister was 2 years behind me in school.  So, here is this 8th grader picking on a 3rd grader...making her cry and following her around when she tries to "escape".  After a few minutes (it didn't take long because I hated to see my sister upset), I stepped in front of Heather.  I still remember how fast my heart was beating.  I still remember how dry my mouth was.  I was with my best friend, Colleen, and I looked up at Heather and said, "Why don't you pick on someone your own size - if you can find anyone that big in this school."  I turned around and lead my sister down this little hill and out of sight.  I'm pretty sure I hyperventilated when we turned the corner.  Later on that day Heather actually came up to me and apologized.  I'm not really sure why - but I'm guessing it had something to do with everyone always being afraid of her and no one standing up to her.  She was a little nicer from then on.  (Awww...that really sounds like an after-school special, doesn't it?)

5. How often do you eat fast food?

Too often - especially considering that I am on a diet!  It's not really that much if you think about it but probably twice a month.  Fast food is so bad for you, though.  I really try not to eat it or to pick healthy things when I am eating it.  Some days, though, it is just easier and I'm too tired to fight it.  :)

MckLinky Blog Hop



You Might Also Like

3 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe