I should have grabbed the camera

3/23/2011 04:12:00 PM

I gave the boys a bath tonight.  They were both kind of stinky and we had just had ice cream which found its way into their hair and behind their ears . . . so into the bath they went.  It was my initial plan to simply throw 'em in and scrub 'em up and get 'em out.  They had other plans, though.

I thought about grabbing the camera before I headed upstairs.  I also thought about grabbing my cell phone (which has a camera) but I figured I would probably be too busy keeping both of their heads above the water and making sure no one tried climbing out of the tub to take pictures.  They were in the mood to play, though.  They sat facing each other in the tub and Dean would back the whole way up to the back of the tub and kick his feet so he slid down and splashed David who laughed hysterically the whole time.  Then David would splash Dean before he made his way to the back of the tub again.  This went on for a good 4 or 5 minutes.  The whole time I kept thinking that I should run and grab the Flip or the DSLR or even my cell phone.

Then, I made a conscious decision to just enjoy the moment and REMEMBER it instead of worrying about capturing it.  I LOVE my pictures and my videos.  I know that I will appreciate them even more when my kids are older.  I try to take pictures of them every day.  I have some great pictures of Dean eating mashed potatoes today that I will have to share with you soon.  However, I really feel that my constant desire to capture every moment sometimes takes me away from enjoying it.  So, I decided there would be other bath times for me to capture and I would just watch...which I did...I watched as David continued to laugh so hard that the ice cream he ate came spewing out of his mouth and made Dean look like a frosted cupcake.

I should have grabbed the camera because then I could have been thinking about how I was going to win $10,000.00 on AFV while I emptied the tub, cleaned it out and gave the boys a second bath...

I love my life!  (I'm serious - as much as that was a pain in the butt - I couldn't help but laugh at the same time!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe