The Years ARE Short

3/19/2011 10:17:00 AM

I started writing a post this morning about how the twins are driving me crazy these days.  They are into EVERYTHING and keep me going in all directions every minute they are awake (BTW ~ they are napping right now).

Then, Nate's Kindergarten Registration packet came in the mail.


I was just telling my mother-in-law last night that I'm not sure how I'm going to do with my first born heading off to Kindergarten.  Yes, I'm serious.  Me, the one who looks parents in the face, as I carry their screaming 3-year-old into a classroom, and tells them, "She will be fine".  I am starting to feel panic about letting someone else take care of my "baby".  He may not be screaming but I'm sure I will on the inside.    I already feel like screaming, "No!  He's too little.  He's too sweet.  He's not ready for the 'outside' world!"

I know that he will be fine.  He is a great kid.  He is ready.  I keep trying to remind myself about all of the wonderful things that will happen because he is at school.  He will be exposed to new things and new people. He will have adults other than Jerry and I telling him things and teaching him things.  Now, he does go to preschool now.  However, it is the preschool I teach at and I'm really comfortable with him being there, of course.  He loves to tell me about the things that his teachers are talking to him about and teaching him.  He loves to share new knowledge with Danika at the dinner table.  He needs to be a little more independent.  I need to give that to him - but, well, I don't want to.

I will, of course.  I will smile until I get back in the car after taking him that first day - and then I will cry and fret until he comes home.  I'm sure every day will get a little bit easier.  I'm sure that I will see how much he loves it and feel better.  I know I'm worrying for no reason, but isn't that what mother's do?

I also can hear all of you mothers with High School Seniors or Juniors laughing at me.  "Just Wait" - I know...I'm also sure that you can think back to the place where I am right now and remember it like it was yesterday.  That's because, the DAYS are LONG but the YEARS are SHORT...

Click here ~ really...it's worth the time.

Oh - and at the end of this very emotional post I'm going to ask you to click here and enter my giveaway, if you haven't already...I have more than 5 posts already but would really like more!  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe