My Weekend

3/07/2011 06:28:00 AM

As much as I love looking at other people's meal plans, I just am not that excited about sharing mine lately.  It's not that I don't have it planned...it's just that I have other things I want to talk about!

This weekend was a pretty good one - other than me being sick and spending most of yesterday upstairs in bed or in the bathroom.  TMI?  Sorry.  I'm finally feeling better today but yesterday was awful.

So, if I was so sick why would I say that this weekend was a good one?  Well...because I got to look at these faces -


Two little princesses who were SUPER excited about going to see Disney's Princesses on Ice.  They had a wonderful time.  We did, too. (Nicole, Mom and I)

I was lucky enough to get some perspective from my friend, Melissa, on my way to buy our $15 snow cones.  She had been in line for the same $15 snow cones and was having a little bit of trouble understanding how a snow cone (even if it did come in a cute cup) could possibly cost $15.  I mean it's ICE.  Which is frozen WATER.  Water is pretty accessible so you wouldn't think that it would cost $15.  She said something while in line about trying to find a way to justify spending that much money on a snow cone, when another woman in line with her daughter told her that you do it because it's your daughter.  She said that you work the extra shift at work to buy the tickets, you go without whatever it is you can go without so that you make a wonderful memory with your daughter and make sure she has the time of her life because you love her.  (Now, those weren't the EXACT words. . . but you get the point)

Thanks to Melissa, I almost started crying right there in line for my $15 snow cones. (my little talk with her made me splurge for the $2 collector spoons, too!)  I also almost started to cry when I saw this excitement on my daughter's face:


I also ended up buying more stuff than I ever would have if I hadn't run into Melissa and her new perspective. Danika did have a wonderful time and has spent hours flipping through her $20 program and singing songs and telling Nate all about what we saw.  It is priceless.  I still think that the prices are outrageously elevated and wish that Disney would cut us a break - but I now look at it a little bit differently.  I know that the snow cone wasn't worth the money I spent on it but the experience that we shared was worth so much more . . . so I can't complain.  At least not too much.  

In other news - look who went to the barber shop with Nunnu for the first time!  


I was so proud of him!  I was nervous that he was going to act like he does when I cut his hair at home but Nunnu said he was perfect!  He also took him to Sonic for lunch and to Sam's Club.  Nunnu said he was really well behaved and Nate said he had a great time.  He even said to me the next day, "Mommy, I think Nunnu liked hanging out with me yesterday because I really liked hanging out with him."  *sigh*  I want to freeze time and hold on to this sweetness.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe