Fabric Softener - do you use it?

3/11/2011 06:03:00 PM

I can honestly say I don't remember how I found Purex Insiders, but I was really excited when I got the email welcoming me to the group!  

The first product that they sent me to try out was the Spring Water Complete Crystals Softener.

I don't use fabric softener.  The reason I don't use it is because I have laundry downstairs and I am too busy to finish the laundry when I need to let alone run down to add fabric softener.  Also, Danika, David and I all have had reactions to different laundry detergents and I was worried that I would waste money on something that I wouldn't be able to use and would just cause me more work because I had to rewash clothes.

All that being said - I was really excited to try out the Crystals.  


I decided to use them on a load of towels first.  I figured I would get a good feel for how they worked and not run the risk of having to rewash because towels aren't in contact with our skin for too long.  Also, the Crystals boast that they are "Free of oil-based softening ingredients found in liquid softeners" which meant that the towels would still absorb water well...see?


The first thing that I noticed was the smell.  I loved it.  Fresh but not over powering.  I was a little bit disappointed by the dispensing because there were just lines drawn on the bottle to show how much goes in each load.  This could be because it was just a sample but I ended up having to dump it in my hand to make sure I didn't go over the amount needed.  I will have to see if this is the case with the full size - I bet it does come with a dispenser.  

I got this poster to help me see how to use the crystals . . . it wasn't rocket science . . . in fact, my 5 year old could have done it!

I put it in the washer and then threw the towels in the dryer when they were done.  They smelled awesome and were actually a lot softer than without the fabric softener.  So far, no one has had any reaction to it and I even used it on my sheets!  All 6 of us are in that bed daily, so it's a great sign!  I think the best thing about them are how easy they are to use - I will definitely be snagging some more of these.  I would like to try the other scents, too!  

Here's the low down on the Purex Complete Crystals Softener from the Insiders site:


Introducing Purex® Complete Crystals Softener
a purer way to get laundry that  smells clean and fresh for weeks. 92% natural, this product’s unique crystal form works differently than traditional oil-based softeners that coat fabrics with oily residue, because it infuses fibers with long-lasting fragrance. In addition, since you add it directly with your laundry, this means no more waiting for the rinse cycle, no messy residual gunk in your  washing machine, and no more stains from spilling liquid fabric softener.

How it is used:

Simply add Purex Complete Crystals Softener directly with your laundry at the beginning of every wash cycle to infuse fabrics with long lasting freshness.

How it works:

Laundry scent lovers will perk up as freshness is infused into clothes with this new fabric softener. Over time, traditional oil-based softeners coat fibers causing harmful oily residue to accumulate.  Purex Complete Crystals Softeners penetrate fabrics to reduce fiber entanglement and smooth frayed fibers providing a naturally soft feel.

Why it is different:

Do ALL of your laundry—worry free! Purex Complete Crystals Softeners are safe for all laundry and will not harm, wear down or discolor your fabrics like oil-based softeners. Safe for all fabrics, including baby clothes, athletic wear, towels, and whites.

Unlike other  softeners, Crystals WILL:

• Preserve the flame retardant benefits of your children’s clothes
• Retain your athletic wear’s wicking ability which draws sweat away from your body
• Maintain your towels’ built-in ability to absorb water
• Keep your white clothing from yellowing and graying vs. using traditional softeners

The product won’t harm your clothes and is safe and convenient for the entire family!

Suggested Retail Price

Purex Complete Crystals Softener is priced from $3.99 to $5.99 depending on retailer
and will be available in food, drug and mass retailers nationwide.

And it comes in these three nifty scents - 

Lavender Blossom, Spring Waters and Tropical Splash (TM) 
So, long story short, I would definitely give these a try if you are looking for an easy way to soften and freshen your laundry.  


“I am a Purex Insider and help spread the word about the Purex® family of laundry products. As an Insider, I receive sample product and incentives in exchange for participating in brand related activities.”

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe