Goodbye 2010

12/31/2010 10:56:00 AM

This blog post could probably be the longest one yet - but I'll do my very best to keep it as short as possible.

What can I say about 2010?  It had it's ups and downs like any other year.  I learned a lot.  I changed a little and watched my kids grow more and more every day.  This is the perfect time to insert this little video that I found at the beginning of last year - and think about ALL the time.



Watch it...you might cry (I do EVERY time) but it's a good cry. If you are in my stage of motherhood, it will remind you to slow down and take notice. If you are at my mother's stage of motherhood, you will still slow down and notice but also remember.

2010 was a bumpy year.  I ended up finally asking for some much needed help and started feeling like myself again.  It took a while for me to get there - but when I did, I noticed the change right away.  I also saw my kiddos head off to preschool - both of them.  I realized that I want time to freeze - but I also realized that it won't happen.

My babies turned 1 and we had a party...they smashed cake in their face and we got the cutest pictures of them taken by my mom's neighbor - check her out here!




In 2010, we also started a new Christmas tradition!  We were visited by Tinsel and Holly Elf from Thanksgiving to Christmas Eve.  What mischief they got into!  It made the pre-holiday prep so much fun!

We also ended up with our first ever overnight with one of our children at the hospital...hoping that 2011 won't bring anymore of those!

The saddest part of 2010 was losing Jerry's grandmother, Memaw.  We miss her so much - especially with all of the traditions of the holidays taking place.

Here's a picture of just some of the people who love her and will always remember what a wonderful woman she was:

This was taken outside of Memaw's house the day of her funeral

I've noticed a lot of changes in my children this year, too.

Of course, the babies have changed the most.  They went from barely eating any solid food to being able to eat just about anything you put in front of them.  They went from blobs that couldn't even roll over to these two movers and shakers!  Dean actually started walking on his own a few days ago - David has been for about a month but is now walking more than crawling most days.  They notice more and are more curious than they were a year ago.  They've both grown physically and their personalities are shining through!

Nate has learned so much - he amazes me with how much he remembers.  He's so smart and learning more every day.  The questions he asks and the facts he rambles off for me just blow my mind.  He wants to be so many things when he grows up - a hockey player, a doctor, a garbage man and (my favorite) a candle lighter. :)

Danika has become quite an artist.  She loves to color and draw.  She will actually sit for as long as an hour with her markers and crayons and coloring books.  She really loves to just draw on paper, though.  She's coloring in the lines and is always so proud of her work.  When I asked her what she wants to be when she grows up she said, "an artist" - probably because Nate always tells her that's what she is.  :)

I'm excited about the new year and what it will bring - and I'm a little sad to say goodbye to 2010.  It wasn't the best year...but it had it's moments.  I'm hoping 2011 will have even more great moments and less sad ones!

Bring it on!

Happy New Year, everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe