I thought this happened AFTER Christmas

12/08/2010 06:40:00 AM

I have the "Bluey Blues", as they say in Wuzzleburg.  (If you have no idea what I'm talking about then you obviously don't watch TV with small children on a regular basis)

I'm not really sure what the heck is going on but I just didn't feel like talking much once I got home yesterday.

It might have been something someone said because there were quite a few things my DH said that kind of made my stress level go up a notch.  For example, "Nick moved the listing date to January 21st instead of March for the house."

Ummm...okay...is Nick going to come and clean out the closets and organize the cupboards and hide the piles of stuff in some storage unit before he lists the house?

Yes, I'm talking about my house.  Yes, we are planning on trying to sell it and move.  I was hoping to be in a new house (a bigger and more permanent one) by the time Nate went to Kindergarten.  I'm excited to have a bigger place - one with a room for toys...a family room or play room or den or something where we can close the door and our house won't look like it houses a daycare.  Now, don't misunderstand me, I really don't care if you come into my house and see evidence of my 4 small children.  I am not about to try to make it seem like I don't have kids.  However, we are really overrun with stuff in every direction and it would be nice to have at least one room with only small traces of those children and an overwhelming sense that adults spend time in there.

Okay - so it could have been that announcement that made me kind of quiet...thinking about all that needs done.  Or it could have just been the fact that I'm still trying to figure out how to fit everything in and haven't been thinking straight.  I have plans and ideas and don't feel like I have any real direction to go with them.  I'm excited about them but feel like I'm running in circles trying to figure out where to start...and I haven't made a list, yet.  I plan on doing it today.  I think the list will help.

It could have also been that I'm just not feeling all that great.  All the kids were sick and now it must be my turn.  I'm not full fledged miserable...but I'm pretty sure I had a slight fever when I was falling asleep last night.  I did go to bed a little earlier than usual and I did sleep pretty good...so I'm hoping that will help today.

Whatever the case, I need to get out of this funk and get back into my festive spirit!  I think I'm going to give myself permission to mope for about 15 minutes more...and then I will start my list...start my laundry...start another list of things that need to be done in the house...and then maybe browse the internet for house to add to our list of houses we want to check out!  That always gets me excited!  :)

Hope the "Bluey Blues" haven't hit you - but if they have, what do you do to snap out of it?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe