It is the day after the day after Christmas - and the toys are still all over the floor

12/27/2010 07:46:00 AM

I'm pretty sure that my house still has a floor - but I haven't seen it in 2 days.

I'd take a picture, but I'm afraid the fire marshal will show up and declare it a fire hazard to have so much "stuff" all over the place. Seriously, my children have more toys than the local Kmart.

Anyway, so...how was your Christmas?  Did you get what you wanted?  I really didn't want much.  I wanted my kids to have a great Christmas and they did, so I had a great Christmas, too!  I did get some really awesome perfume from my hubby - and a gift card for Borders (because he forgot what books I wanted).  I got a Kindle case (which is totally awesome) from my Aunt Nancy and some jewelry from my mom and dad.  One of the coolest gifts was the 1 year subscription to Netflix that my parents got Jerry and I!  We had talked about signing up for it and put it off because it just wasn't in our budget.  We watched 2 movies already.  The first one was "I'm Still Here" that Joaquin Phoenix movie where he pretends that he's going to become a rapper and leave acting.  It was awful.  Maybe I didn't get it...but it seemed like a total waste of time and money to me.  Yesterday, we watched "Food Inc." I've wanted to watch this movie since my friend, Christine, had talked about it on her blog.  It wasn't as disturbing as I thought it was going to be but it did give me a lot to think about.  I was absolutely outraged at a few parts of it.  The entire part on Kevin's Law made me sad and angry.  It was a good film and I recommend it.  I was worried that there would be really graphic scenes of slaughter but they weren't too bad.  If you haven't seen it and you have the time, watch it.  It really made me want to cook more and really pay attention to what I'm feeding my children.

Okay - that was a tangent...today is laundry day.  I'm doing laundry until it is done.  I've got one load done and one in process.  I will conquer my laundry mountain today!  I'll leave you with some Christmas pics...and next time we talk we will be talking New Years resolutions....be prepared!  I'd love to hear yours, too!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe