Mornings at the Nuthouse

4/30/2011 06:03:00 AM

I'll be honest with you - mornings are really the only time that this place doesn't feel like a nuthouse. Mornings are my favorite part of the day - even though I've always been far from a morning person. Mornings are calm and everyone is usually content. Even this morning when 3 out of 4 woke up feeling a little icky (runny noses, coughs and little fevers) everyone is pretty happy.

Mornings are when everyone eats.  Breakfast is often the easiest meal of the day - which means no fighting with the kids to eat what I set in front of them.  Morning is also the time when they aren't tired of their toys or "bored" (this is Nate and Danika's new favorite word and it drives me up a wall!).

Mornings are also when I can squeeze in a little time on the computer while drinking a cup of coffee.   So relaxing!  Of course, mornings usually end well before lunch and it is almost like clockwork that around 10:00 am morning turns into early afternoon and the kids are no longer as content as they were and my day has to REALLY start.

Today is going to be a BUSY day.  We have Nate's first T-Ball Scrimmage and I'm taking him (and the 3 others).  Then we have a birthday party for my nephew and FIL.  Tomorrow brings another birthday party at a bowling alley - which the kids are super excited about...so, the weekend will be over before you know it.  I'm going to enjoy my mornings, though - and the next hour or so before we have to start today...



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe