Another Holiday Bites the Dust

4/25/2011 09:40:00 PM

I don't want to jinx myself . . . but this holiday seemed a lot smoother than the last few.

Even if we did end up in the ER with Danika on Easter Sunday at 1 am...it was pretty uneventful (both the ER trip and Easter).  Luckily, this trip to the ER ended with the conclusion that she was having an Allergy Attack but not an Asthma Attack . . . apparently there isn't a whole lot they can do for the post-nasal drip coughing fit she was having that was keeping her and the rest of us awake.  They did slip her some Tylenol with Codeine that helped her to sleep a little and stopped the coughing for a few hours.  It really wasn't as bad as the last time we were at Children's - which really was only a week ago!

So...on to Easter.  We made dips to take to my SIL's house.  We made Middle Easter Hummus (from the Family Feasts for $75 a Week book) - the link I have here is pretty close...the only substitution is that in my book we used Sesame Oil instead of Tahina.  We also made Pumpkin Pie Dip ~ and yes...I know it would have been better at Thanksgiving.  :P  (I linked to the more healthy version - I used cream cheese instead of the Greek Yogurt!)

Everything was VERY yummy!  My SIL even sent me home with some leftovers (Turkey - so there!!!  I wasn't the only one stealing from another holiday!) and I whipped up dinner using them tonight.  Easy...Rice, Turkey, Peas topped with Cheddar Cheese Soup and a cracker crumb topping.  3 out of 4 kids liked it and Jerry ate it - that's a keeper.

So - does it sound like I'm wasting time, yet?  You see...I have to be completely honest - I am wasting time!  I am waiting for some pictures to upload to Snapfish so I can take advantage of this deal...thing is, it is only good until tomorrow!!!

While I'm waiting, though, I'll put some pictures up for you all to see from our festive holiday!

Yummy

Nate Enjoying

Dean

Danika, Nate and Angelina

Danika and the bubbles

David

Tomorrow is going to be a really busy day and then I have to start thinking about work again on Wednesday - time really does fly because I felt like I had so much more time than I really did!  Yikes!

Hope you all have a peaceful and productive Tuesday!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe