SITS Photo Challenge - Meatloaf "Cupcakes"

4/05/2011 08:02:00 PM

I was so excited when I saw the SITS site was doing a photo "workshop" of sorts because I recently got a new camera and I am all about learning how to use it to take great pictures. I LOVE the camera (it is a Nikon D5000) and I LOVE a lot of the pictures I am taking with it. I also know, though, that there are a lot of things that I don't know how to do or could do better if I learned more about photography.

I started using Picnik shortly after getting my camera. To tell you the truth, Picnik came from Picasa because they have an option to edit your photo in Picnik if you use Picasa. I tried it and I LOVE Picnik. It's user friendly and has a lot of really fun functions. I did spring for the "Premium" membership because I knew that it would bother me to not be able to use all of the features. I think it was worth it.

So - yesterday's SITS' post was about Composition and Perspective. I enjoyed reading about both and also trying some out...I wasn't happy with my pictures, though. Yesterday just wasn't one of those days where the kids let me take a lot of pictures without them crawling all over me. I did take a few of them from different angles.




However, today we were challenged to create a photo collage. I know that we were only suppose to pick our top 3 photos and edit and all...but, like I said, yesterday was a tough picture taking day for me. So, I just thought I would share with you what I did get pictures of - Meatloaf "Cupcakes". :)

Picnik collage by JMKrajci

Picnik collage, a photo by JMKrajci on Flickr.

Basically - you make meatloaf the way you normally would. Then you fill a muffin tin 1/2 way with the mixture. I added a little "special sauce" then cheese. Then, I put the top of the cupcakes. I cooked them in a 350 oven for about 40 minutes. "Iced" them with some mashed potatoes and added yellow corn "sprinkles". The kids LOVED them! Danika even ate it like she normally eats cupcakes...she licked the icing off first!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe