He may be the one. . .

4/04/2011 07:56:00 AM

Jerry and I talked a lot about having a third baby before we were surprised with a pregnancy that gave us #3 and #4!  One of the things we talked about was pushing our luck.  We were worried that having more babies would be pushing our luck because the two we had were (and still are) healthy and happy.  They were, for the most part, pretty easy babies and we had them right where we wanted them before I became pregnant again.  Of course, I now know that having them right where you want them only lasts for a very short period of time anyway - so, enjoy it when it happens!

The more I think about the fact that we even considered that we were pushing our luck by having more babies, the more I feel kind of selfish.  However, I totally think that pregnancy #3 gave us the one we are going to have trouble with!


My Deano.  Seriously, I have probably commented about 25 times that, "None of my other kids did/do that!" when I talk about Dean.  Dean is ALL boy.  He is so rough and he's only 19 months old.  It's really, really tough to discipline a 19 month old.  I'm finding it difficult, at least.  He doesn't seem to understand the WHY when I say, "Don't bite your sister," or "Stop pulling your brother's hair," or "You can't hit the TV with that hockey stick!"  I get it...he's only 19 months old...but he is DRIVING ME CRAZY!!

I started reading, "Bringing Up Boys" by Dr. James Dobson a few years ago but never finished it.  I found out I was having Danika and switched to all of my concerns about raising a girl.  Now, I'm back to reading the book.  I haven't read a lot of it, but it is already scaring me!  The things that boys do!  I can see Dean (and even David - although he is more cautious) doing some of these.  

He is VERY reactive and jumps before looking.  He ScReAmS and throws a fit any time he doesn't get his way.  He actually bangs his head on the ground!  He swings, at whatever or whoever is near him, wildly when he is upset.  He shoves food in his face and grabs things off of whoever has them when he wants them.

He also runs to anyone who comes into the house and immediately hugs them.  He smiles at people when they are leaving, waves "bye" and blows them a kiss.  He did this to EVERYONE we passed in the mall on our walk last week!  I loved watching all the older women just light up as they blew kisses back to him.  He gives the best hugs and already loves to sing songs - I love listening to him sing through the monitor in the morning.  He gives me big, sloppy kisses and will pat my back gently when I snuggle with him.

I'm just at a loss on how to teach him to be gentle more often.  I don't want to bite him when he bites me to teach him a lesson.  I don't want to pull his hair when he pulls his brother's hair to show him it hurts.  Any other suggestions would be welcome.  I'm already worried I'm raising a bully and I'm hell bent on that NOT happening!  I have a feeling this is going to be the one...he's going to keep me on my toes, for sure!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe