What do you think?

2/01/2011 07:28:00 PM

Yesterday, they started tearing down the house next door.  If you missed the post about the fire ~ here it is . . . by far one of the scariest days of my life.  Yesterday, this showed up (sorry about the bad pic...I'm not a very confident picture taker)


I really thought that I would be thrilled to see the house go.  It's been so depressing having it standing empty next to us with the holes that show the blackened out insides.  I hated being in my kitchen and looking out the window and seeing the charred chandelier hanging in the dining room over a table with a giant hole in it and toppled over burnt up chairs.

The kids always paused by the window upstairs and looked over at the house.  When our neighbor lived there, they would wave to her from the window and talk to her in the mornings.  The past few weeks, though, they have just commented about how they miss her and there are holes in her house...

I really thought I would be thrilled to see the house go...but it wasn't as exciting as I thought it would be.  In fact, it was really sad to watch.  We watched the big "digger" (that's a Nate term) rip into the house from our window yesterday and I saw things that reminded me of our neighbors.  She loved to wear bright colors and when they got to her bedroom, there were bright colored clothes, dirty and mixed in with the rubble.  I even saw a few warped photo albums and there is a huge pile of Christmas decorations in one corner.  They stopped by today to see if there was anything to salvage - there are a few items on our porch but for the most part, they have nothing.


From my back porch

The woman who owned the house with her husband - they rented it out to our neighbors - stopped by last week and asked if we were interested in buying it.  We weren't.  Now...we aren't sure.  We have been tossing around the idea of having a bigger yard...fencing it in...having a garage...but we want to move because this house is too small for us.  What would you do?  Do you think it would be a smart move to purchase the lot?  What would the negatives be to having it?  Just curious...we haven't really talked to the landlord again about it.  It would be great, though, to give the kids a place to run around and play this summer!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe