Duct Tape and Velcro - Chocolate and Wine

2/08/2011 02:29:00 PM

It's true ~ I was joking when I posted this as my status on Facebook yesterday:

Newborn twins = piece of cake. 17 month old twins = lots of alcohol and chocolate.

Seriously - I don't know how I'm going to make it through the next year! I'm considering a few rolls of duct tape and a lot of Velcro. :)


Now, though, I'm not so sure I will be able to do without it.  (The duct tape and velcro that is...I know I wouldn't make it without the alcohol and chocolate!!!)

Here are my boys...opposite as opposite gets.  Dean with his dark eyes and olive complexion and David with his bright blues and fair skin.  They even go the opposite direction when you put them on the floor.  They like opposite foods and eat bananas holding them opposite ways - I usually break the banana in half and David eats it with the point up while Dean eats it with the ripped side up...they will turn them upside down if you dare to hand it to them the wrong way!  They both do one thing the same, though - they don't listen and get into anything they can reach!  If they can't reach it...they climb.  The climbing is killing me!



I have always been one of those mothers who refuses to ask for help.  I can handle it.  I can do it.  I got it.  Heck, who am I kidding?  I have always been a PERSON who refuses to ask for help and that hasn't changed when I became a mother of 4 children 5 and under.  I'm starting to think that God gave us twins just to prove to me that I can't do everything alone. I have to learn how to ask for help and accept help.  That God...geeze...like he knows EVERYTHING.  Wait.  Umm...nevermind.

So, here I am asking all of you mothers of multiples or just VERY active little ones.  How the heck do you keep them out of things and off of things?  I'm seriously considering duct taping my dining room chairs together at the leg and putting velcro on my garbage can lid - industrial strength velcro...not the easy to rip apart stuff.  Aside from buying a baby "pen", which I am considering - think Rugrats - I am having a really tough time keeping my babies safe and getting anything done around the house.  I'm at a loss...HELP!

On a side note - I'm thinking of taking up a new hobby...it's totally related to the previous subject.  I'm thinking of actually learning about wine and what makes a good wine and why some wines are so expensive and all that jazz.  I started listening to a podcast and reading a new blog, Wine for Normal People, and it piqued my interest.  I'm probably going to look into getting a book or taking a class or something in the future.

I bought a bottle of Shiraz the other day and actually liked it!  Not Merlot or Zinfindel (which are usually what I get) and I have to say that, while it isn't a "drink a bottle of wine" kind of wine but more of a "enjoy a glass or two" kind of wine - I would buy it again!

So - what kind of wines do you like?  Do you like wine?  Do you know anything about wine?  Do you have any suggestions on how I could learn more about wine?  :)  I think I've picked the perfect hobby - don't you?

Now...if I could just convince Jerry that Chocolate is one of the food groups and perfectly acceptable for me to eat for breakfast, we will be all good!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe