Shopping adventures

2/21/2011 10:44:00 AM

I don't really feel like sharing my menu with all of you this week - I just don't feel like it, so I'm not going to!  (Seriously, though, it's a pretty lame menu anyway.)

I do want to tell you about the thrilling experience I had at the grocery store and how totally and completely stoked (yes, I said stoked) I am about what I just ordered from Amazon.

First, the grocery store...I guess a lot of you won't find this super exciting because you have probably done it, too.  It's a rush, though...saving some cash.  I've read a few places about how it is cheaper if you buy meat before it's cut or ground and then just ask the butcher to do it for you.  Truth is - it's INSANELY cheaper!  At least at this grocery trip it was.  We are having pork chops (the boneless ones, which my Dad said are really called cutlets) for dinner tonight (or tomorrow) and I needed to buy them.  Now, the kind I wanted cost $3.99 lb.  Right next to them were the pork loins which were $1.99 lb.  On the price sign for the loins it says, "Bring it to our butcher and we will cut it how you like - free of charge" (or something like that).

I wasn't going to do it...but I looked at them both there and just had to give it a shot.

The cutlets I was going to buy would have been 6 cutlets for close to $10.  I took a $14 pork loin over to the butcher and asked for cutlets for 3/4th of the loin and then end cubed for stir fry.  When I got back to pick it up there were. . . 21 cutlets and at least 2 handfuls of cubes!  I couldn't believe it.  Lesson learned - and I couldn't wait to go home and show Jerry!  I knew he would be proud of me.

On to my Amazon order - I saw this over at IHeart Organizing and decided that I had to have it.

What is it, you ask.  It's called Project Life and it was created by Becky Higgins.  I LOVED scrapbooking before I had kids.  Kind of funny, you would think that I would scrapbook more because I have all these new things to scrapbook about!  However, I just don't have the time or patience to spend hours on scrapbooking like I would want to.  When I saw this product I immediately got excited because I realized it could give me what I loved about scrapbooking (and a reason to actually print my digital pictures) but not make me feel guilty for spending hours cutting paper and making pretty pages.  I'm so jealous of those of you who are organized enough to be able to whip out scrapbook pages quickly but I always seemed to spend hours doing just a few pages.

Anyway, I ordered it today and it will be here Wednesday and I can't wait to share the whole thing with you!

In the meantime ~ if you are interested ~ here are two videos that sold me on it!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe