Mornings

11/09/2011 07:31:00 PM

I think every mother of multiple children who stays at home looks forward to the day when they will enjoy peaceful "quiet" mornings.  I know that my mornings are much more peaceful when it is just me and the boys than when we are all home.  I'm gearing up for a long weekend - with all 4 kiddos - on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

This morning, I enjoyed an unusually peaceful and relaxing morning.  My co-worker/friend, Juli, picked Danika up for school and then I headed to the bus stop to drop Nate off.  When we got back, I put on a movie that the boys had never seen, gave them cupcakes, picked up the Legos and started the dishwasher.  Then, I poured myself a cup of coffee and sat down in front of my computer . . . for a full hour . . . and enjoyed EVERY minute of it.

Here's some pictures of the boys enjoying their cupcakes:




Cupcakes for breakfast?  Yeah . . . you're looking at #3 and #4 - they get away with SO much more!

I'm looking forward to not having to go anywhere on Friday or Saturday morning.  I'm looking forward to not rushing around and packing a lunch or searching for socks and shoes.  I'm also looking forward to getting some work done.  I'm hoping that the "big" kids will help with the "little" ones and that maybe Mommy can finally get the laundry done.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Blog Archive

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe