52 Weeks #1

1/07/2011 07:49:00 AM

Do you read I'm an Organizing Junkie?  I do.  I'm usually inspired by what I read and when I read about her 52 Week Challenge I decided to download the worksheet and give it a shot.


Here are today's questions about the challenge:


1.  Do you have your list written? 
The answer to this one is, kind of.  I started writing it and decided that I would add to it as we go.  I have 2 months worth of stuff written down ~ and have been adding things as I come across them.  I did decide to start off with the first floor because it is where I will see the fruits of my labor most.  Then I plan on tackling the upstairs and all the bedrooms.  Then the basement - I'm hoping to save that for when it is a little warmer out because right now it is FREEZING down there!
2.  What is the first thing on it that you hope to accomplish this week?
This week I took a baby step and organized my book shelf/toy box  that I have in my dining room.  It is one of those "hot spots" that things get thrown on and stacked on when we are trying to stuff things places.  This is what it looked like when I started.
The full view - notice the crap piled on the top...that was the worst.

Giant pile of stuff.  :(

That top shelf is suppose to be mine...

These shelves actually aren't too bad!

This bottom shelf is a huge problem because what ever I put on it the twins pull off and throw on the floor - which is why it's all shoved back on there.

Then, of course, the toy box part is just filled with random toys.  The door  cracked so it's been missing for a while.

Here is the finished product - not a huge change but enough that I don't cringe when looking at it!


Organized top shelf - I put the sled away and just stacked stuff neater.  I also got rid of anything that didn't belong there.

I put some supplies in a plastic shoe box and straightened up this shelf - now it's mine and looks so much better!

I really didn't touch these shelves...I still think they look okay.  hehehe

To solve my problem with babies pulling things off these shelves, I added bins with some of Nate and Danika's small toys and the big plastic one with Danika's "art" supplies.  They haven't touched them!  Danika also just has to grab the bin to sit at the table and draw/color!

All I did here was take the little stuff out and put it in those bins.  I feel better because I can see  everything in there!  :)

3.  How are you going to make it happen?


I did okay this week because I had energy - it's tough when I don't have energy.  I'm hoping that I will be able to do a little bit of each project 3 nights a week...or during nap times.  I'm excited about it, though.  I think 1 project a week - or small parts of a big project will be the best way for me to see big results by the summer!


I'm planning on organizing my recipes and menu planning stuff, next.  No one else will notice, but if I can cut down my meal planning by even a 1/2 hour it will help me feel more motivated to do it!  :)


If you have an organization project or would like to join in the 52 Week Challenge, head over to I'm an Organizing Junkie and join in the fun!


Oh - btw, something completely unrelated but totally cool...you should go check out this post at Adventures-In-Mommy-land.  Danika and I read 3 books this morning using this site - which means that 3 books will be donated to children who don't have books!  How cool is that!?!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe