Prioritizing - it's become a priority

10/06/2010 08:15:00 AM

So - we are starting to fall into a routine around here (except this morning when I flew out of bed at 8:30 because the wonderful woman who drives Nate to school on M/W/F was knocking on my door - guess I'm going to have to switch the clock on my phone back to digital since I've forgotten how to tell time).  With this new routine developing, I'm still kind of annoyed that I don't feel more organized and that things aren't getting done.

I'm blaming the internet.  No...seriously, the internet is just so amazingly cool and full of such wonderful sites full of awesome information that I can't get anything done.  I'm really inspired by everything I see - but I don't have time to do anything about it because I'm too busy being inspired and not acting on it.

So...It's time for me to stop finding new and wonderful things and time to start acting on the wonderful things I've already found.

I wanted to do a Happiness Project.  I started it and haven't stuck with it..I think the problem is that my kids are just too dependent on me right now.  I don't have time to focus on things EVERY day - but I like the goals I've set.  I think this is something I will just put off for now.  However, I'm still going to keep taking that multivitamin and organizing the rooms in my house.  :)

I did find Home Sanctuary and have started to do her Small Things.  This is something I can stick to.  This is something little I can do every day.  It makes me feel like I've accomplished something.  It makes me feel good.

I've been more active over at SITS - and I'm enjoying that...so I'll keep up with that.  My blog subscriptions are out of control, though.  There is no way I can read them all every day...I wake up with at least 150 new posts to read!  So...I'm organizing them in FeedSquares and have my list that I read every day and my list that I read when I have time.  That should help me to not feel like I'm missing too much.

I started following Deal Wise Mommy and Freebies 4 Mom and am loving it.  I don't do every offer but I think limiting myself to about 10 to 15 minutes spent on this would work out.  :)

One thing that really distracts me and keeps me from doing things I want to do on-line and in my home is Facebook.  I have a love/hate relationship with Facebook.  I love it for keeping me in touch with my friends and family.  I love it for the fact that I feel connected with people even when I don't talk to them on a daily basis.  I hate it because it sucks up my valuable time.  I hate it because I feel like I'm missing something if I don't check it all the time.  I don't know how many times I've been talking to my mom and will say, "I saw it on Facebook...she posted it on Facebook..."  This is a biggie.  I have to make Facebook less of a priority.  I wish I could just walk away from it like my husband did - but I can't...

I also have to start figuring out ways to get our finances in order.  I've seen so many great things online to help with this...I need to pick one and give it a go.

I've been thinking about cooking once a month with OAMM - or going back to the Grocery Game - or back to E-mealz.  I just don't know.  What I do know is what I am doing isn't working.  I saw this yesterday and LOVED it!  I'm so intrigued by the whole "cash only" thing...but I don't know if we could pull it off.  I really think I'd like to try, though.  (Oh - and if anyone has time to make me one of those cool envelope things - I will LOVE you forever!  :)

Okay - this post got a lot more random that I'd hoped.  Which leads me to the last thing I really want to work on...more focused blog posts!  hehehe  It may never happen.  My blog is the one place where I can say what I want and ramble as much as I want and no one can tell me to stop!  Well...you could tell me to stop...but I wouldn't listen.  :)


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe