A list of unrelated things...another mental dump

10/08/2010 07:19:00 AM






I feel like I'm so close . . . but I feel like that a lot.  Close to what, you ask.  Close to not feeling overwhelmed.  Close to getting it together.  Close to feeling under control.  I have to admit that feeling close is a lot nicer than feeling completely out of it.  It's progress, I suppose.

However, in my effort to get closer to feeling more at peace with how things are progressing around here, I am going to make a list just to let you know what's going on and I would love any tips, ideas, suggestions, etc. for how you think I could get CLOSER to that feeling...I'm not sure achieving it is possible right now but I'm sure I could always inch my way forward a bit.


  • The amount of laundry in my basement right now is actually scandalous.  I'd take a picture and show you but then I would die of embarrassment.  My problem with laundry isn't the washing or the switching loads (even though I have forgotten and had to rewash a load that hung out in the washing machine too long).  My problem with laundry is getting it from the basket to the dressers.  Not putting my laundry away causes me to have no baskets to put clean laundry in...which brings my laundry efforts to a screeching halt.  Which is where I am now.
  • Dean has a fever and a nasty sounding cough.  He was up last night at 12:30 and woke up this morning at 6:30.  So, I'm not sleeping as well as I would normally.  It's probably my fault because I was making fun of one of my friends with a newborn...okay, maybe not making fun of him but joking around with him...about how I'm getting more sleep than he is.  It's still probably true - but it's not as much more as I did the night before.
  • I'm behind on my calendar.  I really need to update it with school pictures and invitations we got this week.
  • I need to find a good Tuna Noodle Casserole recipe for dinner tonight.  I'm thinking something with mozzarella cheese - because my SIL gave me some really yummy cheese yesterday.
  • I'm worried about my husband...and his family.  They need lots of prayers because his grandmother isn't doing well.  She is an AMAZING woman and is very loved.  This is very hard on all of them...me, too.  :(
  • I want to go to a pumpkin patch this weekend...but because the Steelers have a bye week this weekend they are probably all going to be super busy!
  • I am not loving my blog layout...I need a new one...I'm probably going to have to pay for it to get one I love (which is fine...except I don't have it in my budget right now).  I'm also considering the switch to wordpress...Anyone have any articles or thoughts about this one?
Okay - that's enough for now.  Thank you for listening.  I'm off to do. . . something.  

Happy Friday!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe