Welcome September!

9/06/2010 08:30:00 AM

September.

There is something about September that tugs at my heartstrings.  I love the crispness it brings.  I love how, even though nature looks like it's falling asleep, it is full of newness.  I love how it screams, "Time to get to work!" - which it probably only does to me because my "work" always coincided with the start school.  Which brings me to another thing I love - school.  I know...I know...I must have some kind of disorder, but I LOVE school.  I love teaching and I love attending.  I actually miss going to school.  It seems I was happiest when I was taking notes and writing papers.  I love learning new things and then teaching others about it.  Which is why I am still holding on to my dream of SOMEDAY becoming a college professor...it would mean a lot more work, but I would be doing something I've always wanted to do.

Anyway - September also brought me a few other "beginnings" this time around.  In case you missed it...I now have 1 year old twin boys.


 
So they are beginning their 2nd year of life!  Of course, like all of my kids, they are beginning it with fevers and general icky-ness.  Not too bad but enough that they are cranky as all heck.  Oh - and David began his 2nd year with a new tooth!!!  First one!

Also - I am beginning a new relationship.  A new relationship with a new laptop.  I *think* I may be in love - but I'm taking it slow.  After all...the last one left me devastated when it decided to just quit on me for no good reason after only a year and a half together.  This time, though - I was much more careful.  I did my research a little more than before and I found a great deal.  So, I'm hoping this one will last a while.  *fingers crossed*

Finally, I may have mentioned that both Nate and Danika will beginning preschool this week.  Danika will be going 2 days a week and Nate will be going 5 days a week.  This beginning is bittersweet for me.  I'm so excited that they are starting school and I really hope they love it as much as I do.  I know that Nate will be really excited to learn new things and share what he learned with us.  I think that Danika will love finally being able to play with some girls instead of her brothers.  They will really have a wonderful time!  However, it means I have to give up lazy mornings in jammies until noon.  :)  Which probably explains why it's 11:26 and we are still in PJs and I'm half concentrating on this blog post and half listening to Jerry explain the different Warner Brothers cartoon characters to Nate and Danika.  I cant' believe that they actually don't know who Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck are!!!  They are now getting a lesson on Foghorn Leghorn - apparently, he is Pap Pap's favorite.




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe