A little bit of this and that

9/27/2010 06:42:00 AM

I'm still really really sore.  My tail bone hurts more than usual today (I'm kind of hoping it ISN'T because it is raining, because I love rain and would hate to have one of those injuries that acts up when it's raining out).  I'm also having some ribcage issues.  I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's from my graceful fall down the steps...I'm going to see the doc today - just a med check-up (How's it going?  How ya feeling?  Things calmer?  Not going to spend a day crying your eyes out or laying on the couch?) but I'm gonna ask about my tail bone and ribcage, too.

I have book club tonight!  Super excited!  We read the book Little Bee which I really did enjoy.  I finished it a while ago - because I started it before September even started and couldn't put it down! I'm anxious to hear how everyone else liked it.

Did you watch Sister Wives on TLC last night?  I did.  Then I scrubbed my kitchen floor.  While scrubbing my kitchen floor, I started to think about the benefits to having other women around every day.  You know that there are studies that suggest having female relationships/friendships/etc. actually increase happiness and life expectancy.  (I read that somewhere...seriously...but I'm too lazy to go look for it)  I can understand why.  It would be great to have another woman around all the time to talk to about the kids and all that.  I love my husband - hehehe - but he is a man (which is a good thing) and doesn't understand me like my girlfriends or my mother...it's weird how that works, but I know I'm not the only one who has that "problem".  Don't get me wrong - my husband listens and he does exactly what the "Men are from Mars...Women are from Venus" book says he should.  :)

Oh, and how about that 2nd wife who works away from home?  Her oldest son just gets up and makes breakfast for all the kids and then the 3rd wife makes sure they get to school...she takes care of the kids!  Wife #2 has 6 kids and wife #3 has 5 with one on the way!  Wife #2 (her name is Janelle) even said that she prefers to be at work to taking care of her kids.  Personally, I don't think you should have 6 kids if you feel that way - but I guess she can because she knows that her sister wives will help out.

I can see the benefits...really, I can.  But I can't help but think of the negatives, too.  Jealousy would be a HUGE issue with me.  It seems like they all got along really well.  They all like each other and they have been together for 15 years.  However, there is a new woman in the picture.  I'm still having trouble trying to figure out how you even think about marrying someone else when you already have 3 wives.  I guess there is a part of me that feels like he's being selfish because he is maybe "bored" with the wives he already has...then there is the fact that she lives 4 hours away and already has 3 kids to add to the 12 (soon to be 13) that they have at home already!!  It just seems like throwing a giant wrench into something that is working so far.  I would kill Jerry if it spent enough time away from home to court someone else - I mean we have 4 kids...I need him here...I need his help.  I guess if I had sister wives I wouldn't miss him if he were gone as much?  Who knows?  I'm finding it interesting and will probably keep watching for a while - although, I kind of find the husband, Kody, a little bit too perky (which is slightly annoying).

Oh - and while I'm complaining about TLC reality shows...I watched Hoarding: Buried Alive for 10 minutes while waiting for Sister Wives and I felt a little bit better about my "mess" - but it did make me want to get a giant garbage bag and throw away 27 things RIGHT AWAY!  :)

Okay - time to sign off and get ready for my doctor appointment.  Sorry for the randomness...but I needed to mentally dump some stuff before starting my day!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe