So...I'm sure that you will be tired of reading about my Happiness Project soon...but my start date for it is quickly approaching. I used the Happiness Project Toolbox to make some resolutions yesterday. They don't really follow a theme like I had originally planned. They are, however, things that I really think will make me a little bit happier.
1) Back to Blogging - my goal is to write a blog post every other day (even if it's just to share a short story or post a picture I took . . . I think it will help get my creative juices flowing and I'm always happier when I'm writing!) and to comment on at least 3 blogs a day.
2) Take a Daily Multivitamin and Drink More Water - Can you believe I don't take vitamins? If you have one to suggest I'd love to hear it. Why don't I take vitamins? I'm lazy...yep...that's why. However, I do take other pills daily . . . so adding a multivitamin to that group shouldn't be any extra work. :) Oh, and I'm going to drink at least 4 glasses of water a day. I know you are suppose to drink 8 but I'm not a water person...who knows...maybe it'll grow on me. I do know the benefits of being hydrated, though - and I'm hoping that will make me a bit happier.
3) Have Breakfast - Can you believe I don't eat breakfast? Of course you can...I don't have time! I need to make time, though - and I'm planning on giving it a shot starting Oct. 1st!
4) A Place for Everything - Can you believe I don't have a place for everything? HAHAHAHA!!! Okay, seriously though - clutter is controlling my household right now. I need to get rid of stuff. I need to look at rooms and find spots for everything . Use the limited space I have better than I currently am...I need to get better control of this chaos. I'm planning on tackling one room at a time ~ starting with the kitchen. I'm giving myself 6 weeks to do this. I'm already praying that I can at least get the first floor done in that time!
5) Set the Coffee Maker After Dinner - I love coffee in the morning. I love when good old Stella aka Hot Mama makes it for me before I even get out of bed! However - I tend to dread cleaning out the grinds and such and filling her back up before going to bed. I don't know why...I'm guessing it has something to do with being exhausted after I get all the kiddos to bed. I'm thinking that I will be a lot happier if I take care of it while cleaning the kitchen - then I won't have it hanging over my head before bed. You know, I actually think that I stay up later because I put off going to set the coffee pot!
So, there you have it. The first 5 things I'm going to try to do for my Happiness Project! Wish me luck! :)
2 hours ago