Happy New Year!

1/02/2010 08:51:00 AM

Funny thing about this new year - I feel different. I didn't really make any New Years resolutions . . . well, that's not entirely true. My New Years resolution is to get my butt back to church. I've kind of accepted the fact that I'm not going to be able to take all 4 of my kids to church and keep my sanity. I'm going to have to leave some of them with DH and we are going to have to go at different times. Which is OK...because the main reason I stopped going to church was because I dreaded getting everyone up and ready in time...plus making sure I had all of the "necessary" items like drinks, snacks, books, etc. to keep the kiddos busy. I miss church - I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow.

All that being said, I feel different because I haven't stopped doing things around my house. I've been a lot less frustrated because I'm keeping busy. I have so much to do and really hope that I will be able to find a way to get organized soon. I have kind of made a promise to myself, though. I've promised that I will start to take a little more time for myself. I go to a book club, which meets the last Monday of the month. I also get together with some mommy friends once a month...which has been WONDERFUL!!! But I'm talking about some time everyday. I'm going to blog more - and not write for an audience...I'm going to write for myself. I know I have a small audience (Hi Lee! hehehe) and I'm sorry if I bore you to tears. I won't be offended if you stop reading after hearing story after story of my not-so-exciting life. However, I need to write for me. I am not even remotely close to being as social as I use to be. I don't talk to as many people as I once did...I LOVE facebook because it keeps me in touch with people I normally wouldn't be in touch with, but I don't talk to people anymore. It's going to sound strange, I'm sure, but my blog is going to be like that best friend who listens and doesn't have much to say...just listens.

We have a busy month ahead of us - and a busy year, too!

Danika will turn 3 this month. I'm soooo hoping that means the terrible 2s are over! I wish it were a switch so that when she turned 3 she would just stop being loud and whining all the time. I'm not holding my breath but you better believe I would be counting down the days if that were true.

All 4 children have appointments to see their peditrician - and no one is even sick! Nate goes first, then the twins, then Danika at the end of the month. The twins are the only ones getting vaccinations, but I dread all 3 visits. Danika will probably scream her head off the whole time and Nate...well, we'll see how he does.

I am looking forward to watching the twins get bigger...rice cereal and first fruits/veggies. I have a lot of big plans for getting myself back on track and starting to get things closer to feeling "normal" - even though I know there is no such thing as "normal". A woman I work with (who I greatly admire) told me that she once heard a saying, "The people you think are 'normal' are the people you don't know very well." It's so true. I am looking forward to regular bedtimes and dinnertimes and bath nights. I am looking forward to feeling better and doing more. I'm looking forward to the big spring cleaning that I'm going to be doing...I'm sooo purging my life of junk I don't need. I'm looking forward to losing a few pounds and fitting into my skinny jeans again - someday. I'm looking forward to my tax return (a perk of having 4 children!). I'm looking forward to helping babies learn to sit up, crawl and then maybe even walk this year! I'm looking forward to first birthdays and 2 out of 4 in preschool! I'm looking forward to a vacation - and Michael Buble!!!! I'm also looking forward to next Christmas - when I'm hoping to see this kind of excitement and awe again!

Happy New Year!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe