Always something

1/20/2010 05:57:00 PM

That's probably the understatement of the past 5 years around here - things just keep getting more and more interesting and I'm having trouble keeping up. I'm having trouble finding time to fit it all into my day. I'm having trouble staying afloat (if you will). But somehow...somehow I'm managing.

"These things have a way of working out."

"How do they?"

"No one knows. It's a mystery."

From one of my favorite movies (bonus points if you can guess which movie!) - very true, too. I don't know how it happens...but things just seem to find a way of working out. If you believe in The Secret - then maybe that is how. I can't say that I am a strong advocate of The Secret - I haven't had any amazing life changing experience with it, yet...I will say that I practice it now and then. Which is probably why I've had some success with it - I just haven't given it my all, yet. I haven't been able to give ANYTHING my all...I'm just too busy for that. I have always adopted the idea that we will always have enough money - and we do. Sometimes it's just enough (most of the time it's just enough) but it's enough. I'm thinking maybe I should start adopting the idea that we have MORE than enough - see how that works. :)

Anyway...so, these things find a way of working themselves out. I've read 2 books that have really changed the way I live my life. The first one is The Secret. It has changed the way I live my life by helping me to stop being so negative. I thought about the principals of The Secret and realized that I was a pretty negative person. I worried ALL the time. I got myself very worked up about what other people thought and I obsessed over other people's ideas of what my life should be like. Then I realized it didn't matter - the more I thought that other people didn't like me or were talking about me, the more they were. I just stopped worrying about it and started assuming that people did like me and that they were even happy to be around me and know me. It's made me more social and more confident. Plus, I sleep better because I don't worry as much about everyone else.

The second book is The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands - by: Dr. Laura Schlessinger. I picked it up on a whim (I actually got the title from a Thursday Thirteen someone did about 13 books they wanted to read. I wasn't sure what to expect - but I thought the title was cute so I ordered it. I LOVED it. Not because I agree with every little thing that Dr. Laura wrote. Frankly, there are some things that I really don't agree with her on...but what I took from the book was far more than what I had a problem with - I also think Dr. Laura's advice will help to keep me married to one man for the rest of my life. It's been a few years since I read the book but if you asked me now what I took from it I would say that I learned that I need to appreciate my husband more and show him my appreciation. I need to remember how much he loves me and I love him. I can't let little stuff get in the way. I have to WORK at my marriage - but enjoy the work. I also learned that in order for my husband to make me happy I have to try to make him happy...it's a give and take and he will start to do things for me - not even noticing - once I start doing for him.

I was appalled by how many people were offended by Dr. Laura's book. To tell you the truth, I wasn't at all surprised, though. I think that when a book like that comes out and people are shown their faults they get defensive. It's normal...and I'm sure Dr. Laura doesn't care.

Anyway - that all seemed very random now that I look back on it. I'm actually sitting upstairs waiting for Danika to fall back asleep. She woke up (I think Nate woke her up...but he said no) and now is a little weepy. I'm hoping she'll fall back asleep soon...I want to go downstairs and find some 0 point food to munch on. (BTW - started WW online today...I'm a little bit HUNGRY!)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe