Can't...Breath...O...M...G!

1/23/2010 09:45:00 AM

So - last night I went to Giant Eagle - at 9:30 pm. It wasn't as bad as I was expecting. Actually, once I got out of the house (and over being extremely pissed off at Jerry because he found a way to make me go instead of him going - that's another story) I actually kind of enjoyed it. That was until I checked out. The girl who checked me out (her name was Maggie) had the WORST attitude EVER!!! She groaned and sighed and rolled her eyes. She didn't say hello to me. She didn't smile. She didn't even turn to look at me when she asked me if I wanted to use my 1% foodperks! I wrote Giant Eagle a message to tell them how disappointed I was - I'm sure that it'll be written off...and maybe she is having a bad day, but I felt better telling them that she was so nasty to me (and the woman in front of me, and the bagger that was helping her but had to leave because someone dropped a 2 liter of Pepsi and it exploded and needed mopped up, and the manager who asked her if she saw the woman drop the bottle or knew why it exploded). Maggie, dear, you need an attitude adjustment or a new job because you stink at customer relations.

Anyway - that is not why I can't breath. While at Giant Eagle last night I bought a ton of "diet" foods so that I can start having healthy options with Weight Watchers. (Bonus - SmartOnes were on sale 6 for $10!) The powers that be at GE must know that there are still some of us who are working on New Years (or in my case mid-January) resolutions. They stuck the exercise videos where you can see them without walking through the video section. Plus, they put them on sale (7.99 instead of 9.99 - 11.99). I was torn between 2 of them...because I HAD to get one. I decided on The Biggest Loser The Workout: 30-Day Jump Start. It's 5 workouts that are 10 minutes long...you do one a day for 5 days during the week...One is Cardio...one is Upper Body...one is Lower Body...one is Abs...you get the picture. My thinking was that I can exercise for 10 minutes a day...no problem. I was wrong...or not wrong but I totally underestimated the difficulty of the workout. I was EXHAUSTED afterward. I could barely breath. I was huffing and puffing...but...I felt good. I felt REALLY good, actually. I'll be doing another 10 minutes tomorrow...or Monday...but not the 10 minutes of cardio. Maybe the 10 minutes of Abs or Upper Body. I also can't believe that the one I did today was Cardio Level 1...It's gonna take a while for me to even try Level 2...but hey, this is a start. I'm actually a little bit proud of myself. To top it off - 2 Activity points!!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe