Mid January New Years Resolution

1/18/2010 06:10:00 AM

It's time to lose the baby weight. It's only getting worse and I'm only going to be able to hide from it for a little while longer. I gained a lot more weight with the twins than I did with Nate or Danika. Duh - I know...but I lost weight so easily after having Nate and Danika that I think I expected to lose it quickly this time as well. I mean after all I may have gained twice as much as I did with a single baby, but there was twice as much stuff in there that would, ahem, be coming out...I delivered 14 lbs of baby!!! I gained roughly 50 lbs with the twins - which is almost exactly double the 27ish I gained with Danika. It's just that this time around - my belly is still there. I know that eventually I will probably have to break down and actually *gasp* exercise. I hate exercise...it may be better now that I've been smoke free for over a year - I will probably be able to breath much better at the very least. But I digress...we are starting with a diet - exercise to come later.

So - when thinking about dieting I immediately thought about Weight Watchers. I did Weight Watchers a while ago - probably before I was even married - and had a lot of success with it. I was in the program for about 6 months or so and lost probably 30 or so lbs. I was able to change a lot, though. For example, I went from drinking regular Pepsi (which was a whopping 4 pts a can!) to Diet Pepsi (which was 0 pts!). I started eating smaller meals...which in turn made me start eating smaller portions all the time. I have an old book - I could probably start right up and lose a little...but I was looking at the stuff that is offered through the on-line version of Weight Watchers and I have to say I am excited. :) There is even an app that I can download on to my BlackBerry that will keep track of my points!!! I talked Jerry into letting me do the first 3 months - it comes out to about $55.00. I told him that if I don't see results and it isn't working then I won't do anymore. I want to jump right in and start - but I feel like I have to get ready or something...not a whole lot to do...I ate the last of the Christmas chocolate last night :) (on a side note - Valentine's Day is coming and I'm praying I don't get too much chocolate from my students - I'm a sucker for chocolate . . . I would have to eat it . . . it's my kryptonite!)

Okay - with all that in mind here we go with my new (Mid-January) resolution:

I will lose 45 - 50 lbs. this year! I know it's a lot...but I feel like I HAVE to get it off. Nothing fits like it did and I'm thinking I am going to have to start shopping in the tall store for tops just so they cover my belly...but not in a way that I look pregnant. Grrr...that is so much harder than you could imagine. I know the first place I'll lose - the first place I always seem to lose...and I'm worried because there isn't much left after nursing 4 babies. Okay...enough talk. I'm on a mission! I'm gonna bring back my skinny jeans! Heck, I'm gonna set a new standard for my skinny jeans. I'm gonna start today and get the things I need asap! I'm ready...I'm ready...I'm - I hear my kiddos waking up. *sigh* Guess I will have to wait just a little bit longer to get started...

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe