One of those movies only I remember...

5/04/2011 04:48:00 PM

Growing up we didn't have a garbage disposal at home.  We scraped our plates into the garbage can and had a little strainer in our sink to catch any stray food that we missed.

We did get a dishwasher at some point but I don't remember when.  I remember not having it and then I remember having it but I can't remember how old I was when we got it.

When I moved in with Jerry, after we got married, I had no idea what the rules were about using a garbage disposal.  I had no idea what I could or couldn't put into it.  I was so excited that I would be able to rinse the dishes into the sink and just turn the disposal on and that would be that - no stinky garbage until Nate came along!  Even though I loved my garbage disposal, I always had a bit of anxiety involved with turning it on.  I knew exactly why the first time I flipped the switch.  It was like a flashback and it all stemmed from a movie I remember watching as a kid.




Now - fess up - anyone ever heard of The Incredible Shrinking Woman before watching this clip?

I swear I think of this scene EVERY stinkin' time I turn on my garbage disposal...EVERY time.  That's probably 4 or 5 times a day.   I think of Lily Tomlin stuck in a garbage disposal 4 or 5 times a day.  Don't get me wrong, I LOVE Lily Tomlin but thinking about anyone getting egg yolks dumped on their head makes me gag a little.  Is it any wonder I hate doing dishes and usually beg Jerry to clean the kitchen after dinner?  (which he almost ALWAYS does)

80s movies are awesome...any you still think of frequently?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe