Mother Nature . . . it's MAY

5/04/2011 06:43:00 AM

I have so much I need to do and zero motivation...the culprit is - Mother Nature!

For as long as I can remember I've known the whole "April Showers bring May Flowers" rhyme.

I get it.  It rains in April.  And boy did it rain in April.

I also understand that it is only May 4th and that Mother Nature may need a couple days to get her month straight - similar to how I wrote 2010 on checks until the second or third week in January this year - but enough is enough!

There isn't even really any sunshine in our near future . . . or at least there wasn't last night when I checked.  Rain and 64ish temps just don't bring up thoughts of May...more like thoughts of October.

If I could lodge a formal complaint I would - but I'm sure that everyone else would, too.  Even the people who I know who aren't very fond of summer and hot weather are complaining about the rain.  It's all that people are talking about these days.  I keep trying to put the winter clothes away but have to keep digging through the boxes for long sleeves and long pants.  We are waiting for the weather to "lighten up" so that we can start doing things in the garden and I'm sure that the weather will push back the landscapers' projects and make it even longer until they can get started on our yard - which I'm SO excited for!  We already talked with them about how they can't plant the grass until the end of the month anyway because they don't want it to wash away.

The worst part of the whole thing is that I really feel like Mother Nature has been teasing the kids.  They know that the weather should be warming up.  We even had a few days where they have been able to go outside but we have been stuck inside because of weather more often than not...

So, I'll add one more rhyme I've known for as long as I can remember, "Rain, Rain go away.  Come again another day.  Nate and Danika want to play.  Rain, Rain go away!"  Pretty Please!


Mommy, can we go outside?  Mommy, can we go outside?  MOMMY, CAN WE GO OUTSIDE!!!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe