Well - dinner went well

10/26/2008 06:54:00 AM

The food was yummy. Penn State won! We drank this yummy warm apple cider stuff that my friend brought over all night. She had it in her crock pot to keep it warm. It was Savannah Cinnamon Mix, Apple Cider and Merlot wine. Mmmm... The kids were pretty well behaved. I thought everything was going great.

Then I got a phone call at 1:30ish. My friends got into a fight on the way home and one thing lead to another and my friend's hubby ended up walking out of the house. He'd had too much to drink (he and DH were drinking beer) and my friend wouldn't give him the key s to drive. Smart girl! :) So, he was wondering around the streets. My DH called and he didn't answer the phone so he got in the car to go look for him...long story short - DH was pissed off at him, his wife was pissed off at him, I was pissed off at him for pissing off my DH. I'll be honest with you, every time I've heard about or seen the two of them fight I thought it was mostly my friend's fault. She can be a bit much at times...but I've NEVER seen this side of her husband. It makes me realize that I shouldn't judge people when I don't know the whole story.

All that being said, I'm tired of being surrounded by dysfunctional relationships. I seriously feel like DH and I are the only ones not teetering on the brink of divorce. We are the only ones I know who have not threatened each other with it - EVER. I don't know how others can so quickly say, "Keep that up and I'm getting a divorce." Or as my friend said to her DH last year, "All I want for Christmas is a divorce." Did she really mean it? I don't think so. So why say it? Okay...that's my rant for today. My head hurts a little and I'm not feeling 100% today. Definately feeling the affects of not going to bed before 3 am the last two nights...and the little bit of wine I drank last night. Argh.

Currently I am listening to DH and his buddy working on our entryway. Which had a huge hole in it - thanks to me.

This is what it looked like when they started - after they had put up all those boards.
Then they did this
Now they have this and are working on covering up the nails and stuff before they texture it.
It's a work in progress - but sooo much better than a big gaping hole in the ceiling!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe