I Survived!

8/31/2011 07:59:00 AM

Mommy's hiding behind her camera in this shot . . .trying to keep it together!  I did!  Yay!



I didn't cry until about 45 seconds after this picture was taken!!!  Which is kind of awesome - because that was my goal. 

Nate was so excited.  He woke up excited.  He could hardly eat his breakfast.  He couldn't wait to get out the door!  When Nunnu showed up to walk down to the bus stop with us, he was more than ready to go - which is more than I can say for me!

He held my hand while we walked to the bus stop.  He stood by me while we waited for the bus.  He held his sister's hand a little while I snapped a picture for Daddy:


He took a picture with Nunnu - who told him over and over how proud he was of him and what a grown up little guy he had become:

Nunnu walked down to see Nate off with me!  Love my Dad!

Then the bus turned the corner.  It was a really weird feeling . . . I've been dreading this moment for the last week or so (okay . . . maybe the last 5 years or so).  I felt my throat close up a little and my nostrils flare a bit but I was determined to NOT let Nate see me cry.  I knew I had to keep it together.  I held his hand until the bus pulled up and stopped in front of us.

I snapped a picture.  Gave him a hug and told him to give me a kiss on the cheek.  I kissed the top of his head and he turned around to start his school adventure.

He marched up the steps of the bus and introduced himself to the bus driver with no problem . . . went and took a seat without even looking back or saying goodbye.  I'm so proud of him...and I REALLY miss him.

It's going to be a long day and I can't wait to hear how his first day went!  Danika and I are making him cookies so he can have a snack when he gets back.  I'm making Mac and Cheese for dinner - with hot dogs wrapped in crescent rolls . . . some of Nate's favorite food!  Then . . . we do it all over again tomorrow - except tomorrow, I have to go to work!  It will be a crazy morning for sure!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe