Back to reality

8/10/2010 07:28:00 PM

Last week was wonderful!  We had so much fun doing things as a family...getting out of the house...relaxing and spending time with loved ones.  We ended up going to the Science Center, Zoo and Kennywood Park!  We spent 2 days just hanging out outside and catching some rays by the little blow up pool in my parents' back yard.  We grilled good food.  We even took my 21-year-old cousin out for drinks and Denny's (one of those 2 am jobs!) one evening.  It was everything I'd hoped it would be!  It was pretty close to being the perfect week - as perfect as you can get with 4 little ones to deal with.


Then . . . on Saturday . . . we got a summer flu!?!?  Maybe it isn't a flu...maybe it's just a cold or whatever...but I had 2, 11-month-old babies full of snot and screaming with low grade fevers who were unable to breath through their noses and had a heck of a time drinking bottles because they refuse to let me use the "boogie sucker" to help clear them out a bit.  I also had a 4-year-old with a sore throat and sniffles who hadn't gotten enough sleep and was being really cranky.  The 3-year-old?  Eh - she is actually ok...(knock on wood)

With all that going on OF COURSE Jerry left this morning for his business trip.  The trip that had been postponed so many times I was pretty sure he just wasn't ever going.  Nope - he's gone.  He's staying 2 nights.  Tonight being the first night...it went a lot smoother than I expected.  Actually, the whole day went pretty smooth...but I'm exhausted.  I mean just completely beat.  I was planning on a longer blog post with great pictures and more details...but I'm getting a sore throat and just don't have the energy...so here's my favorite pics of the week.



Speaking of pics...do you have a facebook account?  If you do, would you pretty please head over to Sofabean Photography and vote for my daughter in a photo contest?  I would really really appreciate it!  All you have to do is become a fan of Sofabean Photography and then "like" her picture on the site!  Thank you SOOO much!  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe