Hopes for Summer

5/30/2010 05:22:00 AM

Today marks the first full week of my summer "vacation"...our last day of school was Thursday.  Okay, it was really a giant play date at the park and I wouldn't consider it "work" but it was the last day I will see most of those students.  That being said, we already have teacher meetings scheduled for June 8th and June 15th!  Plus, I know there is a board meeting coming up sooner or later AND I have to set up a meeting with a few parents to talk about changes we are thinking of making for next year.  We are hoping to find time to go in and organize some closets, cupboards and such that have gotten a little out of sorts, too...so, I'm not really "off" for the summer, but I won't have to teach or plan and it's not even once a week.  So, it more than counts and is just fine with me.  I was miserable and pregnant with the twins last summer at this time. I'm looking forward to being more prepared and starting this NEXT school year off right.  There was nothing wrong with this school year, but I think things will run a little smoother with those kids that need consistency if I'm there from the beginning.  Okay, enough about work.

Anyway ~ what I'm looking forward to even more than a little time off is some time to get things in shape around here.  I have a list of to-do items that includes some painting and purging - I don't think we are talking yard sale, yet.  I'm thinking we may just give our stuff away that is in good shape and throw away the rest but I'm not sure.  Are yard sales worth it?

(Hey, Mike, you feel like heading back over our direction and finishing the entryway? Yep...still needs painted!  While you are here you can give us a hand painting the kitchen, too!  Don't pretend you didn't see this - Jerry told me you read my blog!  hehehe)

We also have fallen into a routine the past week or so that involves the kids being asleep by 8 and getting up by 7.  I will say it isn't horrible.  In fact, I'm kind of liking it.  It's not going to last once we start spending nights over at our family or friend's houses - once we want to stay out past bedtime - but hopefully that won't happen enough to completely break us out of the routine.

The boys are getting a little bit older and that's making things a lot easier, too.  They seem happy most of the time and if they aren't I can throw a fist full of Cherrios or Lil' Crunchies in front of them and they will quiet down.  BTW ~ if you have babies who eat Lil' Crunchies...the Cinnamon and Maple Syrup ones are AWESOME.  I think it's just because a happy/chubby baby who smells like Maple Syrup has to be one of the best things in the world.

I guess I'm just hoping that summer will be easy.  I'm hoping that it won't be too hectic.  I'm hoping that I will learn more about how on earth I'm suppose to do this wife/mother of 4 thing.  I'm hoping that we will get a little more comfortable going places as a family.  I'm hoping that the kids will grow up enough to make it easier but not so much that they lose any of their wonder or excitement.

I'm looking forward to the lazy days of summer and the days where I fall into bed exhausted because of all the fun that was had or all the work that was done.  I guess I'm just looking forward to being able to do things without having to put on snowsuits and boots or worrying about something I have to have done for the next day.  I know it's going to go fast - but I'm planning on enjoying every second!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe