Where do I begin?

5/08/2010 07:56:00 AM

I had every intention of writing a blog post yesterday.  I had every intention of cleaning up my house and taking my husband out for his birthday last night.  Instead, I spent the day doubled over in pain and praying that it would just go away.  I had the stomach flu like this about 2 years ago.  I had to call my mom to come and sit with the kids because I couldn’t take care of them…and that was just 2 at the time.  Yesterday, I kind of knew I was in pretty bad shape before Jerry left for work…but I was determined that I’d snap out of it.  I didn’t.  I had to call him around noon and beg him to come home and take care of the kids.  He did – he even brought me mint ginger ale and a flower.  :)

 

I hate being sick.  I know that no one really likes it, but I feel guilty on top of not feeling well.  I feel like I’m making other people do my “job” when I am sick.  I know how much I do – and I know it isn’t easy.  My parents took my “big” kids for the night (something they want to start doing every Friday – which ROCKS!) so we really just had the little ones to deal with and they were really good.  It all worked out and I’m feeling a little better today.

 

I missed the Teacher Appreciation Luncheon at school yesterday – which I was really bummed out about, but I did get my bag of goodies from the parents (one of my wonderful coworkers dropped it off).  I had fun digging through it.  It was an embroidered bag with a bunch of goodies in it – including a beach towel!  You know, you can NEVER have too many of those!  (especially when you have 4 kids!)

 

I also got a really cool box of samples in the mail the other day – it was a Sample Showcase from the post office and had a ton of neat things in it.  They sent it to my mother-in-law’s address with my name on it – so she saved it for me!  :)  There were dark chocolate peanut butter cups, Dove Chocolate, Aveeno cream, shampoo, conditioner and face lifting stuff, Splenda, Secret deodorant,  Shower to Shower samples, a Bengay heating pad (LOVE those!), Taster’s Choice packs and Montreal Steak Seasoning!  There were also quite a few coupons in the box.   I really did feel like I got a present in the mail!  Anyone else get one? 

 

So ~ I’m planning on finding the time somewhere to blog more.  I’m not sure where I’ll find it, but I miss blogging and I miss reading blogs.  I’m actually afraid to check my blog reader and see how much I’ve missed – I think it’s been almost 2 weeks since I really looked at it!  Hope there are still some readers out there and I hope you are all doing well…I’m off to check out what is new with all of you, next!

 

Happy Mother’s Day to all the mommies, aunts and grandmas! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe