Books I've Read this Year

12/30/2008 07:00:00 AM

So - a while ago Beth, @ so the fish said, wrote this post going over the books that she has read this year. I've been a big fan (mostly in the closet) of Beth's blog for some time now and I love to read so I actually really enjoyed the post. I even went so far as to suggest "The Memory of Running" to our book club - and it's January's selection! ;)

Inspired by Beth, I went back and looked at the books I've read in 2008. My list isn't nearly as long or exciting as Beth's...and most of them were for book club. I will add that I was getting my Master's Degree this semester - so that kind of threw a big old wrench in how much time I had to read for pleasure.

For One More Day - Mitch Albom

The Lovely Bones - Alice Sebold

Tallgrass - Sandra Dallas

Angry Housewives Eating BonBons - Lorna Landvik

The House of Sand and Fog - Andre Dubus III

The Saving Graces - Patricia Gaffney

Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn - Stephanie Meyers

The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch - Gregory Maguire

A Million Little Pieces - James Frey

High Noon - Nora Roberts

Currently, I'm reading Eat...Pray...Love by Elizabeth Gilbert and The Memory of Running by Ron Mclarty.

I also saw that they are making a movie of Eat...Pray...Love and have cast Julia Roberts as Elizabeth. Hmmm....interesting.

As a side note - can anyone explain to me why it is easier on the mornings my husband is working rather than the mornings he's home? You would think that he would help out...but all he really does is irritate me by asking me where things are and giving me extra things to get done when I'm trying to do my thing. It's just one of those mornings - so I thought I'd ask if I'm the only one who feels this way.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe