I CAN'T Believe I Didn't Mention This

2/24/2012 06:00:00 AM



Okay - so . . . I've been blogging for a while now.  I have been on Facebook for a few years.  I started tweeting on Twitter a lot more than I use to and I am now 1/2 of a NEW blogging adventure, More Than Mommies, with my friend, Christine.

So how is it that I didn't mention Nate losing his first tooth on ANY of those social media outlets?

The answer is simple . . . it happened on a Thursday when I had to work all day and then go back for Open House in the evening.  By the time I got home, it was bedtime and the tooth fairy was on her way.

The next morning, well . . . I forgot!

I forgot a big, huge momentous occasion like my firstborn son losing his very first baby tooth!  It's not like I didn't know it was coming.  It had been loose for WEEKS!  Apparently, some kid told him that if he punched him in the face his tooth would fall out.  So, the kid punched Nate in the face (I heard it was more of a tap on the chin than an actual punch in the face) and his tooth fell out.  Nate said he was so excited about his tooth falling out he didn't even tell Mr. D, his teacher, that he got punched in the face!

Here's the picture I took of him (only about 4 days later) with a big toothy (and toothless) grin -


My friend, Amy, said she had her kids hold up the number tooth they were on when she took their picture and I LOVED that idea, so I went with it!  (Thanks, Amy!!!)

You can see this picture again over at More Than Mommies today - oh . . . and also see Christine's picture of the week!  You can also read about how she is managing to preserve her memories even though she is as busy as I am!!!

So . . . now I mentioned it (and published the picture twice) and feel like I kind of made up for overlooking it last week.

Hope you all have a wonderful Friday - say a few extra prayers that I get everything done I need to get done in the house for our second Open House!  (Oh . . . and if you could add us actually finding a buyer to that prayer I would GREATLY appreciate it!)



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe