Let's talk some poop

10/24/2011 06:52:00 AM

It's very possible that this topic has come up before on my blog.  I know that it is something that moms of little ones have no problem talking about because it is such a big part of dealing with little ones.  Changing diapers . . . I've changed SO many diaper this past week that I'm going to have to order my normal "big box" from Amazon at least a week early so we don't run out!!!

The reason?  Diarrhea.  The WORST I've ever seen in one of my babies . . . and it's coming out of 2 of them!!!

I know.  TMI.  If you can't handle that you should probably stop reading because it's only going to get worse. The truth is, it's all I've been able to think about because it's all I've been dealing with for the last week.

I hate when my kids are sick.  Sniffles and a cough I can handle, though.  Fevers, puking and diarrhea scares the crap outta me, though.  We had all 3 going on this past week with the twins.  It started with Dean on Tuesday.  Jerry had to deal with most of it because he is home with them on Tuesdays.  Dean had a fever, was puking and well . . . the poop was BAD!  I called the nurse on Friday and explained what was going on.  She told me what to do to make sure he wasn't dehydrated (I had to put a paper towel in his diaper near his pee pee) and what to try to get him to eat since he wasn't throwing up anymore.

David got it on Saturday - and he had all the same things going on.  Luckily, I knew what I was dealing with and what I needed to do.

The problem is that dehydration scares me to death.  I always hear the story about how I dehydrated when I was little and I had to stay in the hospital for at least 1 night.  I've already stayed at the hospital overnight . . . I don't like it.  I don't want to do it again any time soon.  So - I got myself all worked up about keeping them hydrated . . . but when you are dealing with it from both ends . . . it gets tricky.  You don't want to put too much in their stomach if they are just going to throw it back up but you need to make sure they are crying tears and peeing.  Which is really tough when the diaper smells so bad you don't want to look at it any longer than you have to.

I'm happy to report, though, that we are on the mend.  They still have their poop problem going on but the fevers are long gone and no one has puked since Saturday!

I know they look so upset here . . .



And these were taken Saturday . . . Maybe I just worry too much.

One thing is for sure . . . If I don't have to change another poopy diaper for a while I won't be heartbroken at all.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe