October Excitment

10/03/2011 07:29:00 AM

I'm actually kind of amazed at how quickly my October calendar filled up.  I guess I shouldn't be and I had better get use to it because it will be pretty full until after the New Year!!!

One thing that I'm really starting to get excited about, though, is my next Once a Month Cooking Day - that link gives you a little preview of what we are making this month!

It's quickly approaching and I'm looking forward to trying some new recipes and refilling my freezer!  I remember the feeling of accomplishment that I had when we finished last month.  I'm so excited about having that same adrenaline filled exhaustion when I try to fall asleep after a full day of making meals!

I'm also excited about a Halloween Train Ride that I scheduled for my kiddos and all of their little cousins.  It is for kids ages 4-11, so I am not taking the twins . . . but I'm super excited to be maybe starting a Halloween tradition!  My only concern now is if we will be riding in an enclosed car or in an open car . . . it might be a little cold if it is an open car!!!  Guess it will be best to prepare for it and then take layers off if we are enclosed.

Of course, we are also planning a trip to a pumpkin patch, carving pumpkins, Trick-or-Treating, making snacks for school parties (at least I'm hoping to get this done!) and maybe even watching a few "spooky" movies - We are actually looking forward to It's The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown and Scared Shrekless!!!!

So . . . . bring on October!  Now that I spent a weekend putting away summer clothes and getting out the winter stuff, I'm ready!!!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe