Just when I thought there were no more surprises

4/09/2009 01:59:00 AM

Well ~ we went for our ultrasound yesterday. We didn't have one earlier because my ob said that, unless we were concerned or there were any problems, there was no real need for us to go and have an early one. So, we waited and decided that we would just go at 18 weeks...so that there was a chance we could tell what we were having this time.

We found out alright - we are having TWINS!!!

We were shocked to say the very least. I've been trying desperately to stay calm and not think about what having 4 children (all under the age of 4 when the twins arrive) means. Don't get me wrong - I know this is a blessing. I am excited. I'm also already tired. I also know that I'm probably never going to sleep again. I know that I'm going to have to get my act together and get my house in some kind of shape. I'm going to have to get some kind of schedule going so that I can get everything done that I need to do - and I'm going to have to really stick to the schedule.

The problem right now is that I'm exhausted - seriously exhausted. Plus, there is the whole work issue. I make about 600 a month at my 2 day a week job. Not bad - it's enough to help with groceries and such...it's been making life a lot more comfortable. :) Plus, it gets me out of the house and I do enjoy it. I just can't fathom how on earth I'm going to get my butt out of bed, dressed and get 4 children ready to go anywhere before 9 am for the first 6 months. There are also so many variables - what if one of the babies is sick? What if I have a c-section and need to heal longer than I thought? What if I just can't get it together? It's not that I don't want to go back to work...it's not that I want to stay home with my kids...it's just that I'm nervous it's going to be too much.

So there is that to worry about. Then there is the issue of room. I was already stressing out because we live in a 3 bedroom house and there was going to be 5 of us. Now there are going to be 6! It kind of makes the whole thing a little easier for now...but it also makes it obvious that we will be moving in the future. I figure that the babies are going to have to share a room and we are just going to have to stick Nate and Danika together for a while. We are going to be so outnumbered.

Okay - I'm going to try to get Danika to fall back asleep...and maybe get some sleep myself. If I can stop worrying for long enough. :)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe