Just keeping it real

4/09/2009 02:55:00 PM

I have this wonderful friend who I love dearly who is taking the news that we are having twins similar to the way you would take news that someone has 6 months to live. She is a mother and has a beautiful little boy and an adorable little girl. Her son came first - then her daughter. I started having my children later than she did . . . but caught up really quick. We had talked time and time again about Jerry going to get "snipped" like her DH did. I had pretty much come to accept that we were going to have 2 kids. I was okay with it. I was actually getting use to the idea and I could tell you without hesitation why it was going to be best if we stopped at 2. We (my friend and I) were in total agreement and laughed at those who had more than 2 kids...they clearly didn't know what they were in for when the kids grew up. We were the smart ones - we weren't going to get caught dead in that situation.

Fast forward to now - yeah...as you can imagine we aren't on the same page anymore. I am truly excited about the twins. I have a completely different feeling about it now. Not that all of the reasons I only wanted 2 aren't valid and still true. It's not going to be easy paying to raise 4 children. We aren't going to get to go on the big family vacations - unless we win the lottery or one of us gets a kick ass job. I know that things are going to be rough. We are going to need a lot of help - especially in the beginning. We are going to stress out. We are going to worry. But we are also going to laugh and have wonderful memories. I'm hoping that I can raise 4 wonderful children who will go on to raise their own children and so on and so on. We aren't going to have everything we want...but we will have fun.

Anyway - my friend is still stuck on her 2 is best kick. She hasn't said so - but I know that it's in her head. Now I'm one of the crazies with more than 2 kids...even though they aren't born yet. When I told her twins she told me she was SORRY!!! I'm trying to keep in mind that I am the one that changed - but I'm not sure how to tell her I'm happy about this. I know it will come to it sooner or later. I just don't want her to be upset. Eh - I worry too much. I'm sure it will be fine.

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe