Like Father - Like Son..

3/13/2009 06:17:00 AM

DH use to joke that we were going to have naked Wednesdays at our house once we got married. Anyone who stopped by on a Wednesday needed to be prepared. Of course naked Wednesdays never really took place - but it was a running joke for quite a while among our friends.

Fast forward 4 years - we now have TONS of naked time at our house. Of course it isn't DH and I running around naked...it's our children. Especially our son...I just can't get him to keep his clothes on. A lot of it has to do with the fact that he is fairly newly potty trained. He does a great job all day long with his "big boy" underwear on. At night, he's still in a pull-up. I'm cool with that for now. However, every time he goes potty he feels the need to take all of his clothes off - and he then gives me a terrible time when I try to get him to put them back on. He's even gone so far as to help his sister get naked, too. So they both run around he house laughing and squealing, "We're Maked!!!" This continues until I lose it...and someone inevitably cries.

I hate that. I want them to laugh and squeal and have fun. I mean really, what's the big deal if they are running around naked at 2 and 3 years old? I guess I have this fear that they are going to think they can just do this anywhere - like preschool when Nate heads there this summer.

Well - I just bargained with Nate that I would let him see some funny videos on my laptop if he put his big boy underwear on - it's time to pay up because he did. Yay! No tears this time! Maybe bribery is the way to go on everything?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe