Enjoying the silence...

7/20/2010 02:01:00 PM

Miss me?  hehehe

I have about 25 minutes until I have to start getting ready for a meeting that I am having for work tonight...so, I thought I'd visit with an old friend, my blog.  It seems like I haven't had enough time to keep in touch lately, but I know you all understand.  Right now, though, my dear husband has taken my 4 children over to his mother's house to play with their cousins and I am enjoying the silence.  It's actually been that kind of a day - I went to work and got to look at a ton of children's books.  I LOVE children's books.  I love books in general, but there is something wonderful about reading a book out loud to my kids.  I love reading out loud, too.  I always thought I would love to be a voice on a cartoon or Disney movie or read books on tape.  Anyway...so I was at work all day today and they are letting me go back tomorrow!  How funny is it that going to work almost feels like going on vacation to me?!?  I enjoyed talking to adults today and not having to break up any fights or frantically run someone up to the potty or get another bottle/glass of chocolate milk.  I'm going to enjoy doing it or should I say not doing it tomorrow, too!

So, since we have a little bit of time to chat I thought I would just write about something going on right now.  I contemplated telling you all the exciting stuff that has been going on for the last few weeks that we haven't talked - like about how my aunt bought me the Amazon Kindle that I wanted, or that both boys are now crawling and David is even testing his ability to stand without holding on to something.  I thought about mentioning things like the wedding I went to a few weekends ago and what a wonderful time I had spending time with Jerry "kid-free" or what an amazing time I had at my Mommy Group meeting when we went to the Olive Garden for dinner and hung out at Starbucks until after 11pm.  However, it's just too much to get into and the clock is ticking.

I'm currently reading the book, The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.  I have less than a week to finish it for my book club...which I think I should be able to do.  I'm enjoying it, but it isn't what I expected.  I am planning on doing my own happiness project . . . but I think I'm going to try to start in January.  That gives me plenty of time to really figure out what I want to do and hopefully get ready for it.  I really want to give it the thought an attention that it deserves...I've come to realize lately that I don't think about myself enough.

I know all the reasons I'm not thinking of myself enough.  I'm busy.  My life is a whole lot easier if I think about other people first right now.  The babies needs are first because they just can't do for themselves...and if they aren't happy, I'm not happy.  The other kids also need things that they just can't do right now or things that I don't let them do for fear of the messes that I will have to clean up after they are done.  However, I think this is part of a lot of the problems that I have been having lately.  I'm hoping that I will be able to find a balance...take time for myself but still find time for everyone else, too.  It's going to be a struggle, I know.  It isn't going to happen overnight and chances are I will feel a tiny bit guilty if I start thinking of myself first in some situations.  I know I'm a good mother.  I know that my children are healthy and happy - which is THE most important thing in the world to me.  I know that I will always do what I can to make sure they stay healthy and happy.  I also know that it's going to be very important that I am healthy and as happy as I can be - because an unhealthy and unhappy mommy CAN'T do everything that she needs to.

So, I'll let you know more about the book after book club and I'll keep you posted on what I decide about my Happiness Project.  I'm really anxious to get started on it...but I want to be successful, so I think it will require a little more planning than just jumping in and not thinking things through.

Off to take a nice hot shower!  :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Subscribe Now

 Subscribe in a reader

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Subscribe